• Register Today It's free!

Help please

jprentice94

Reaction score
City, State
oroville ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sas explorer
Ok sorry this isnt an explorer problem but i need help fast and am stumped ok what would cause a 94 bronco with 5.8 to start. We went wheeling and my buddy Decided to go pond jumping and killed the engine we towed it to the shop he works and changed the plugs he got some water in the motor so we cranked it with plugs out to make sure there was nothing in the cylinders also checked to see if there was compression tried to start no start we have fuel and good spark but it still wont start timing is right on we cleaned and changed the distrubuter cap and rotor when he pushes pedal to half throttle it wants to start so changed the map sensor and no change so its getting air fuel and spark what next

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will it start with a little eng stat fluid
with a the truck you have spray in to two of the plug holes and put plug back in . that will help save map sender from back fire. if it kicks and runs then it is gas not feeding .
oh you can try to start with gas cap off you may have clogged the gas vapor system . let me know if this helped

I moved this to the f150 sub forum for better help, but I wonder if the gas tank got filled with water?

Try cranking the engine with gas pedal floored--this may help.

OK tried foot to floor nothing had to replace the pump though and nothin

Back