2000 Ford Explorer Prerunner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer Prerunner

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer. I have made a custome long travel kit in the front.
I like this thread because it will help me with my explorer engine problems I know I will have.
I have had my truck for about 6 months.
I live in Anaheim.

HPIM1288.jpg

THe front bumper is not finished yet.
I hope to have my truck done and jumping by august of this year.
up next is bump stops and new leafs for the rear.
In the back all I have are shackles for a little lift.
HPIM1287.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x u got there

what kind of wheels are those??

I want them so bad, and I have no idea what they are called, who makes them their size.

if i need a lift or not, if i do what kind suspension or body and how big.

Really nice explorer, i saw the thread on dezert rangers, NS built it, correct? Could you post up some more info on the kit?

yeah we built it....custom long travel kit...we tried to make it just like camburgs.
IT has about 16 inches of travel.
HPIM1279-1.jpg

the inside of the lower arm.
HPIM1266.jpg

demolition
HPIM1275.jpg

HPIM1283.jpg

Thanks for the link!

what size tires did you put on yours/where did you get them at?

Awesome thanks for the information!

I eventually want to get some tires like that on mine Im not sure of the size yet though.

waaaooow, that is sweeet. By chance were you in Glamis with this thing over Haloween?

I was in the blue explorer on the sand drags when there was like 6 Explorers that all got together.

waaaooow, that is sweeet. By chance were you in Glamis with this thing over Haloween?

I was in the blue explorer on the sand drags when there was like 6 Explorers that all got together.

o yeah that was me and all of my friends.....I didn't want to drag because we just finished the front end right before we left...I was taking it easy.

I am getting deavers this weekend...hopefully i will get the back-end done soon. I will post pictures of install for sure.

Looks good. :thumbsup:

So the plan for the rear just the leaf packs? What shocks are you going with?

I am going with Radflo 17inch shocks....I think.....I am gonna make the shocks come up through the back.

Finished the back end. Then took it to pismo this last weekend.
She handles like a dream.

Pismo037.jpg

Pismo120.jpg

Pismo060.jpg

Saw the truck from a distance this weekend in pismo, i was camping with the rest of the dezert rangers group closer to the beach. It looked like the explorer handled really well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More of the back end finished.
DSCN0430.jpg

Bump stops in the front.
DSCN0438.jpg

Back