Can the center console in the back be removed and replaced with a seat? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can the center console in the back be removed and replaced with a seat?

SeanEXP

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer EB
I am looking at a 2004 Ford Explorer Limited which is really nice but the only thing I don't like is the center console in the back row because than I would have to place the car seat on either side of the doors and I am always worried about if a car hit that door and harming the child, this is why I like the child seat to be in the middle.

Can this be removed and place with a normal seat, if so what would be the cost of doing so?

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it can be done, there are several people around here that might be willing to trade your console for the middle seat, search for 2nd row console and find someone that wants it :)

Someone should post soon, there always seems to be someone looking for a rear console

I too like the idea of putting the child in the center... but my second will arrive in September.. one of them is going to have next to the door.

I'd do it but I don't think my seat would match yours.

the console is held down by 4 bolts on the floor, the two seats next to it fold forward and access is easy, you need a 15mm and a 17mm set of wrenches, deep socket ratchet pefurably. i have a brownish tan middle seat i would be willing to sell for cheap and have you pay for shipping if youd be interested. hell the console could pay for the price of the seat.

Can this be removed and place with a normal seat, if so what would be the cost of doing so?

Thank you.

I would trade you ive never heard of a second row center console until now. i dont now if mine would fit i have a 2002 limited

Back