• Register Today It's free!

Simple Coolant Change B2300?

Jack Bat

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mazda B2300 truck
Yeah, I have a 2008 Mazda B2300 pickup, w/ a 3.2 Liter engine. It's time for a routine coolant change. There is no radiator fill tube on the radiator. Next door neighbor said maybe you fill the radiator through the coolant reservoir. Maybe. Is this so? I do not want to drain out all the coolant, then find out that won't work- that there's some other trick to filling the radiator that I'm not aware of. Also, there's no thermostat housing on top of the engines manifold. The water pump is near the front, on the drivers side of the engine. Someone told me that nowadays, cars have the thermostat either integral to the water pump, or situated near it. Any ideas? I've never had this much trouble doing a simple coolant change!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread into our Ranger subforum, hopefully one of the members will have an answer for you.

Welcome to the forum:chug:

I've never seen under the hood of an 08, but there's gotta be a radiator cap somewhere! Maybe hidden under some plastic shroud or something??

ASimpleCoolantChange

Nope. Some radiators have the neck and fill cap on the side. Not this model.
I know now....you DO fill from the reservoir tank, if there's no fill neck on the radiator- coolant goes directly into the radiator. Still lookin' for the thermostat- it's a brave new world.

Back