• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx front spacer install

seankaufman67

Reaction score
City, State
Mendota, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mercury Mountaineer
Has anyone installed the truxxx spacers for a 4th gen on a 3rd gen? If so what do you have to do to get the strut back in on the front. My machanic said he was not able to get the strut back in with the spacer on cause it was like 2in. taller. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What why would you have 4th gen kit trying to put it on a 3rd gen?????

Because the spacers for the front are exactly the same for the 3rd and 4th gen. The only difference for the rears is the holes just need to be made bigger by using a 5/8" drill bit. Other people have used the fourth gen spacers on the third gens and say the fronts bolt right in no problem and the rears just need the holes on the spacer and frame mount enlarged.

if he didn't do it already, your mechanic needs to disconnect the front swaybar from the lower control arms. Also, he needs to disconnect the upper ball joint from the spindle. then he needs to bolt in the lower strut first, push down on the lower control arm, and swing the upper part of the strut over into the strut tower and bolt in place. then he can reconnect the upper control arm. Once he's done with each side, he can reconnect swaybar to that side.

Thanks for the help. I think that was one of the tjings he didnt do was diconnect the front sway bar. I wouldve done that automatically buy the only reason i had him doing it was i was replacing the front struts, both upper control arms, both outter tie rods, and the right front hub assembly all at once and i didnt have enough time to do that all at once and it was going to need an alignment anyway so i just sent it to him.

Hi guys, just purchased a traxda lift 102010. says lift is 2.5 frt and 1.25 rear. I was thinking that this was the spacer height. when I got them I measured them at 1 3/8" frt and 1 9/16" rear actual spacer height. Is this right, are other lifts bigger? mabey I will cut and add a piece of spacer to make taller for added lift, should I do this? or should I stick to what I bought. I want to get the most out of it. when road bully makes his, are they actual spacer height of 2.5 frt and 2.0 rear...or whatever. Help me clear this up guys, Thanks,Jim

Jack it up or...don't buy it!

Hi guys, just purchased a traxda lift 102010. says lift is 2.5 frt and 1.25 rear. I was thinking that this was the spacer height. when I got them I measured them at 1 3/8" frt and 1 9/16" rear actual spacer height. Is this right, are other lifts bigger? mabey I will cut and add a piece of spacer to make taller for added lift, should I do this? or should I stick to what I bought. I want to get the most out of it. when road bully makes his, are they actual spacer height of 2.5 frt and 2.0 rear...or whatever. Help me clear this up guys, Thanks,Jim

Spacer height does not equal lift height. Because we have independent front and rear suspensions, there is a motion ratio between movement at the strut and movement at the wheel. Basically this means the lift height you get from a spacer is going to be approximately 1.55 times the height of the spacer itself (in the front). I think the rear is a little lower ratio so maybe 1.4 times spacer height.

My truxxx spacers measured 1 9/16" for the front and 1 3/8" for the rear, so they ended up lifting about 2.4" front / 2" rear.

Not much benefit to going taller than that in my opinion.

Roadbully is no longer in business, but he sold his spacers by the height of the spacers themselves.

Thanks, that is helpful, just knowing others have thought this as well. I guess I can begin working on it.

Thanks for the help. I think that was one of the tjings he didnt do was diconnect the front sway bar. I wouldve done that automatically buy the only reason i had him doing it was i was replacing the front struts, both upper control arms, both outter tie rods, and the right front hub assembly all at once and i didnt have enough time to do that all at once and it was going to need an alignment anyway so i just sent it to him.

No offense if this mechanic is family or something. But if he didn't know to undo the sway bar, I'd go somewhere else. Eapecially if this is an actual repair shop.

No he was just attepmting to install then like they were stock struts he wasnt paying attention to the fact that i had the spacers attached.

Back