How big of tires can i fit with 3" body lift and 2" suspension? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How big of tires can i fit with 3" body lift and 2" suspension?

Reaction score
City, State
Gig Harbor, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' EB Explorer 4dr
I want to use spring spacers for the front and shackles for the rear (2") and get a PA 3" Body Lift. How big of tires can i run without too much rubbing offroad? I want to fit a 33 with minimum rubbing at full stuff.:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would say 33s

arent spacers and shackles a body lift?

noxen, no they are not... spacers and shackles move the axles away from the frame... that is a suspension lift..... a body lift moves the body away from the frame....

I read your last post about the tire fitment with just a body lift... I ran 32's with a 3" body with just a slight bit of rubbing on the inner wheel well. I put warrior shacled and F-150 coil spacers on it and it looks like I can fit a 33 with no problems. A friend of mine has a set of 35's that are about 1/2 way worn down that I am going to mount on my rims on day at work to see how much clearence I have with them. As far as installing them, the shackles took my like 30 minutes or so to do, and the spacers I put on when I put my new axle on so it was all done at once. I would say maybe an hour or so per side for the spacers becuase they are more involved.

Chris

I have a 94 Sport and installed a 3" body lift along with the Skyjacker 2.5" springs. I'm running 33's, but I rub on the stock flare's at the back of the front tire. I'm going to have to take off the bottom of the front flare to get it to clear. The rest of the flare is fine, and the back has no problems. Of corse this is all on a two door.

MJ

Back