• Register Today It's free!

spindle lift questions

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
I have a 03 2wd with 3in body lift on it. Im fixing to get the fabtech 3in ranger lift spindles but be for I do I have some questions. Is there a "better bang for your buck" place I can get them. And I know you have to switch to ranger something.but im not sure on what all has to be changed I've searched the forum and havnt really found a deffently answer to all my questions. Do I have to Chang to ranger rotors and brake caliper or just brake caliper? Or of im completely off what do I have to change? And what year models ranger can I use when replacing the parts? Next question is it says it comes with an add a leaf for the rear end. I read on hear where some people have went with a short add a leaf or a long add a leaf which one is better or whats the differance? And sense I don't have a spring over axle lift yet will it still addthe lift for the rear end?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still can't offer much in the way of help regarding the spindles but I would hold off on the add a leaf if you're going to go spring over. You'll probably get enough just from that and won't need additional lift from an add a leaf. In fact, both together may be too much. You can always easily add the add a leaf after the SOA if you decide you want more lift.

Alright thanks didnt think about that but I agree 100% about holding off.

I do know you'll be changing the rotor, because that's the one downside to the spindle lift. I found this from a thread where someone else asked the same question:
"Get slotted rotors and EBC green pads I beleive 2001-10 model years will work.. You are going to use smaller brakes on a heavier vehicle."

So definitely get high quality parts. And just my opinion but I'd do just the add a leaf and keep it spring under, otherwise you're going to have a pretty serious rake if your front lift is only the body lift plus spindles.

SOA in the rear will get you about 5-6" depending on your spring perches. You could do an AAL in the rear first since there is no fab required and see how you like that setup. If it sags too much, you could add shackles or take the AAL out and do SOA. Personally I hate when a truck squats so I'd take a forward rake over the rear being lower than the front.

Also, since you don't have a torsion twist, you could match the SOA with a slight TT on top of the spindle lift.

You will need to swap out to Ranger rotors (not sure on the years) and calipers to fit. The rotors are 11" (I think) instead of the 12" our Tracs come with. Don't skimp on brake parts. Larger truck, larger tires and smaller brakes are not the best combination.

The points about rake are legit but I don't think just an add a leaf will be a good fit for 37s. 35s seem at home in my rear wheel well with an add a leaf but I'd want more lift for 37s...heck, I wish the rear was a little higher as it is now.

^^Agreed^^

If you want to run 37s you'll need more lift.

So if I do a spa lift for the rear and run spindles and torsion twist will it sit close to level? And are yall sayin that is about right for 35's? If it is what all else will I need to do to run 37's?

Im converting it into a show truck with custom paint job and all that good stuff thays why im so sruck on 37's

Nah that'll fit 37s. That's about how much lift I have right now with my SAS/SOA and I think 35s are too small for the lift. Had a hard time finding a good picture of it sitting level but here's one on the trailer and then one not too flexed out with good light.

CEFFBF78-72A6-4513-A581-C7759E154834_zpseajhhazy.jpg

7B199844-B8E7-4E97-92E3-B3C6DAB4DADA_zps0k3zpshn.jpg

Runner I have some how confused myself now lol I feel like an idiot. So what all lifts do I need to do to run 37's and it sit level cause I don't like that rake look nor squat

Okay, here's a ST on 37s.

07-25-06%20007.gif

Here's how he did it:

3" body lift
2" TT/shackle
3.5" lift spindles
3" Full length AAL & rearch

The other way to get the rear lift would be an SOA to match the spindles and TT up front.

Here's Jerry's on 37s. SAS/SOA

IMG_6135.jpg

Okay so u need a 3in body lift which I already have. I need to do a spring over axle. And a spindle lift and torsion twist and I'll be able to run 37's and be level correct?

That should do it.

I don't know if you have the ability to do the SOA yourself. If not, it will be a lot cheaper to do an AAL and shackles in the rear. Those together about equal the minimal lift you'd get with SOA.

Sorry to keep saying 2 things. I just want you to know there are 2 routes to even out the rear.

Alright I don't have the capabilities. I have alot of mechanic abilities but when it gets extreme like that I cant. Any body have a round about estimate whs its gonna cost at a shop?

Also will I ranger edge or sport work or no? And I have seen 4in lift spindels for rangers and 3.5in will these work or do they have to be 3in? And can anyone send links for the spindles most people are using?

Alright I don't have the capabilities. I have alot of mechanic abilities but when it gets extreme like that I cant. Any body have a round about estimate whs its gonna cost at a shop?

In that case I wouldn't do SOA. It'll cost you at least a few hundred. The perches are fairly cheap but it'll take a few hours shop time.

Alright. Does anyone know abkut the 4"spindles if they will work? And does anyone habe a link to the spindles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any with all the lifts I know I can run 37's but what width can I run im looking at 20x10's. I dint want a whole lot of rubbing and minor trimming is okay csn I run 12.50 wide or possible 13.50 wide and with that type of lift what is the backspacing I need to try to stay between

Back