• Register Today It's free!

Any pics of front hitch?

ABNTGR

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi! I'm thinking of putting on the Curt front hitch on my 09 XLT for a recovery point and a platform to fab some radiator protection. Does anyone have, or could you take, some pics of what it looks like from the front and the sides? I want to get an idea of clearance/approach angle issues etc. as well as just how it looks.

Also, any issues with the install, any thing you'd do different if you had to do it again?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey,

I just ordered my front hitch from curt too. It is in the mail right now. I am planning on welding on one of my old skid plates from another car to the hitch mount for radiator protection. I will keep you updated with some pictures

Thanks bellardine! I'm very interested to see what it looks like, how low it hangs etc. and any 'issues' you come across!

IMG_1946_zps0tcesiml.jpg

IMG_1941_zpsnqngcabe.jpg

IMG_1947_zpse54xbfcf.jpg

IMG_1944_zpstlo2ykue.jpg

I am not thebest fabricator! No one is going to notice once i put it in. I grabbed the skid plate from my 02 rodeo, which got hit by this electrical pole that jumped out of nowhere.

Wow, looks great! Your 06 must have a very different front end than my 09, the mounting brackets are totally different that what show online for the model Curt says I need. What model # is that? That should look great once you get it on! Thanks!

ya the install manual said this was for 02-06. I still have to drill a couple holes in the frame doe

I used mine to also add mounting points for my snow plow.

Do you still need pictures ?

Explorer PL, I'd love some pics if you have some. Sorry for the late reply!

Back