Which One Of You Was Hauling Chickens And Ammo? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which One Of You Was Hauling Chickens And Ammo?

A little ways south of me in WV.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/26344732/interstate-79-closed-chickens-and-ammo-to-blame

UPDATE 8:40 a.m.: Just before 4 a.m., Seth Grim was driving a 1998 Ford Explorer with Pennsylvania plates and rolled it over on Interstate 79 near Amma, WV. A dog tried to jump out of the window, which might have helped cause the wreck. Unfortunately, the dog later died and Grim was taken to the hospital with minor injuries to his upper torso.

Here's where the story gets wacky. In the back of his explorer were 35 to 40 chickens along with an AK 47 and a large amount of ammunition. Also in the back of his vehicle was a device that police were extremely concerned about. The "improvised explosives" prompted a higher level of response.

The West Virginia State Police Bomb Squad out of Williamson, WV was sent to the scene and removed the device.

Initially, all of the chickens were reported to have made it out alive. Our reporter, who was on site during the shutdown of the interstate, tells us that some of the chickens did die and some survived.

I-79 is now back open Friday morning.

Seth Grim is being charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Officers saw a quart jar of what they believed to be marijuana in the front seat. He's being held in the South Central Regional Jail on a $25,000 bond.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not even going to ask.

Feel bad for the dog, probably jumped out to chase a chicken.

I'm not even going to ask.

I mean, at least get a Sport Trac if you're going to haul chickens in the back. 30 to 40 chickens that I assume were loose in the back, plus a dog, gee I don't know what would cause someone to wreck.

This might just fall under the "now you've seen everything" banner.

Wasn't me...

I keep my guns with the cows and the chickens with the choppers...

~Mark

..I'm a guessin' he was gonna teach them there chickens a lesson for wakin' him up early on one of them there mornin's he didn't need to get up early on..:D

I used to work with a dude from over there, he reports many mildly startling accounts of similar unconventional incidents, always I say WTF how do folks get away with that?! And his reply is always the same: "Shoot, it don't matter back there."

I once pulled up behind a Tyson chicken hauler while riding my motorcycle in Arkansas on small 2 lane road. Didn't know it was a chicken hauler till I got closer to it. Trust me, you DO NOT want to be behind a semi hauling 25000 live chickens!! Feathers everywhere and literal SH*&% STORM raining from the truck!! Worst riding experience in my life! But it makes for a good story..

Oh chef I hate those poultry rigs too, makes me nervous thinking about contracting bird flu etc. Plus after I get my yard pimpin', then I come out later and see all the white feathers in the grass!

^ Clearly Dr. Doom understands what I'm talkin' 'bout.:D

This sounds like the beginning of a bad joke...

My chickens gets hauled in a bucket usually with the letters KFC stamped on it.

Rumor has it the driver was traveling to trade the chickens and dog for some hogs. Made the mistake of telling the dog what he was up to.
The dog, being a good chicken dog reacted to the news by trying to jump out of the truck.
No dough having a clear vision of what awaited a good chicken dog on a hog ranch. :eek:

Back