Rancho QL on V8 - Clarification | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho QL on V8 - Clarification

07LTDDSM

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac LTD
I understand that the Rancho QL system will fit V8 Explorers and Sport Tracs, but as the system is designed for lighter V6 models I assume the height improvement will be diminished.

Do any V8 owners have the QL system on their vehicle? If so what was the ride height difference? Were there any negative effects?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found this online:

I had the Loaded Quick Lift installed on my 2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT V8 4X4. Rancho tech support told me to expect lift of 1.75″ front and 1.00″ rear. I wound up with 0.5″ front and 1.00″ rear (I measured before and after) but a great improvement in the ride compared to the stock setup. Not the lift I was hoping for – others should be forewarned. Part Numbers: Front Left — RS999939; Front Right — RS999924; Left Rear — RS999942; Right Rear — RS999927.

Anyone else care to comment on their experience?

I have a V6 and thats about what I ended up with after installing the QL's.

What setting do you use in the front and rear and what kind of ride do the QLs provide (ie. firm, soft, spongy, smooth) ?

They ride better than stock and are adjustable. I have all four set to 5 which is relatively firm.

I found this online:

I had the Loaded Quick Lift installed on my 2008 Explorer Sport Trac XLT V8 4X4. Rancho tech support told me to expect lift of 1.75″ front and 1.00″ rear. I wound up with 0.5″ front and 1.00″ rear (I measured before and after) but a great improvement in the ride compared to the stock setup. Not the lift I was hoping for – others should be forewarned. Part Numbers: Front Left — RS999939; Front Right — RS999924; Left Rear — RS999942; Right Rear — RS999927.

Anyone else care to comment on their experience?

Hmm, that's actually very good news for me.

I carry a heavy load in the rear (roof top tent, expedition gear, sometimes dirt bike) and was afraid the leveled out stance would sag too much.

If you guys are experiencing more lift in the rear than front, then I'm getting it for sure!

Back