Windshield Wipers - The Best? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Wipers - The Best?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The "best" wiper actually varies with the vehicle it would be used on since the size of the windshield and the curvature makes a difference, since lower angle and larger windshields require longer wipers.

In general I like Bosch wipers, their beam-style wiper blades are very good on many windshields, and work good for winter use since they don't have any of the exposed parts of standard wipers. The Icon wipers are expensive for what they are, but you can sometimes get a deal with a buy one get one 1/2 off promo or mail-in rebates.

The less expensive Bosch standard style wipers are good too, I prefer those on the Explorer since they seem to do well in the 18" length. The Bosch Excel+ wipers are great, the Steel Series are good.

The wipers branded as Michelins are pretty good as well, both the standard and beam styles. I had a set of the standard style last a year with normal driving and use.

You can get Bosch wipers for not a lot of money at places like Rockauto.com, even though you pay shipping, if you buy enough wipers or get them on sale/clearance, you can still save a lot over retail prices and get a better quality wiper.

I've also just bought whatever wipers are on sale/clearance at the parts store or even walmart/target if they are cheap enough. Generally brand-name wipers are pretty good for at least a couple of months.

I replaced mine from Autozone I think they were Bosch. I have no complaints they work pretty much like they should...

Thanks all! I've been doing some homework and it seems like the Bosch Icons are very good blades. But, a couple of folks have said they don't work the best on Explorers (streaking and squeaking).

What say you on the Bosch Excel + (I know Anime suggested these), are they as good as the Icons without some of the problems of the Icons?

Thanks again!

Greg

Out of curiosity, how many of you actually run 18" blades?
I have 21" blades and they fit and work fine..

I don't remember which Bosch model I have but mine are 22"

So far the best wiper blades I have used are the Duralast beam style blades from Autozone, but I know that has something to do with me replacing my orginal wiper arms on my truck before I installed them. Regardless of that if your blades don't work out so weep, the springs in the arms may be worn out, so maybe replace those.

When I had my Explorer Rain-X latitudes were by FAR the best. I used them all too.

Oddly enough, Rain-X Latitudes suck on the Ridgeline, and Bosh have been the best thus far. But that is for another message board.

I just installed OEM Motorcraft blades and they preform very well.

Rain-X Latitudes get my vote. No streaking whatsoever.

I forget the ones I buy but they are from walmart and are 4 bucks each. They lasted a good 6 months before I had any streaking when they were in use. So for a year, 16 bucks worth of wipers works for me. I also change them once I start not getting a clean squeegee

Back