2001 explorer sport aftermarket radio install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 explorer sport aftermarket radio install

jcor12

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
Currently installing an JVC aftermarket into 2001 ford explorer sport. I found a wiring diagram indicating the stock radio color system. I matched it up with all the new harness wires...seemed pretty simple. Unfortunately, its not working...the radio is not getting any power.

The only new radio wires I did not hook up were the automatic antenna (blue) and the telephone muting (brown).

I disconnected 3 wiring harnesses from stock radio but only used the wires from 1 of the harnesses. Are there any wires from the other 2 harnesses I am supposed to connect?

The red power wire (original) is connected to a dc power adapter with an inline fuse. I have no idea what this is and whether it a a problem???

Anyone have any suggestions?

thx Joe

could be bad connection or lose wire somewhere, as far as the other two plugs I've been lead to believe they're for the subwoofer and amp that is factory installed

Ok, so your radio isn't getting any power?

Try connecting power and ground to it, ensure there's a fuse in the inline fused wire and see if it turns on. We can go from there.

Sounds like the wiring is just off.

Did the original ford radio work okay?

With a multimeter, or test light, check to see that red wire has 12VDC. If no, check voltage at the radio's fuse. Also verify that you have good, clean ground connections.

Back