• Register Today It's free!

my new 2011 explorer

tomg4121

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I've been lurking here for several years keeping my 2002 XLT I recently traded well maintained with all of the information posted here. I traded it in last week on a new 2011 XLT White Suede. It's quite a machine and I get a lot of inquiries about it from friends and co workers. I hope to hear from other 2011 owners soon to compare notes. I will say mine is all salted up already from the 2 recent snow storms we've had here in PA. Great ride in messy weather by the way! Also 1st tank MPG average was approx 17.8 if anyone is interested. I do have one minor issue that the dealer is going to remedy this Wednesday and I'll post about it when done.

Skippack022.jpg

(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Effin' A...nice ride!

Ha, all the XLT's I've seen so far are white. Another guy posted pics with his white suede XLT today (or last night). I ordered the white platinum tri-coat and thought that's what yours was. I'm not even sure what the difference is. I assumed it was a white metallic as opposed to a flat white (white suede). Wondering why I spent the extra $500 when yours looks so good! I assume it's a 4WD if you live in PA (snow)? This will be the first 4WD vehicle I've ever owned, looking forward to actually being able to get through snow here in Iowa. This year is nothing compared to last year (#2 for the history books).

I pre-ordered Sept 3rd but still do not have a built date/VIN. If I don't get a phone call from my dealer on Monday, heads will roll. I'm jealous!

I purposely stayed away from the white metallic tri coat for several reasons. First, it's $500 extra over other colors, second, it looks dirty close up (more of a pearl color), and last, it would be impossible to match it if you had body work or touch ups done on it with metallic flakes in it. I keep my vehicles 6-8years and I'm sure some paint touch ups will be necessary during that time. Yes, mine is 4WD too.

I like it... I like it a lot! :D

I purposely stayed away from the white metallic tri coat for several reasons. First, it's $500 extra over other colors, second, it looks dirty close up (more of a pearl color), and last, it would be impossible to match it if you had body work or touch ups done on it with metallic flakes in it. I keep my vehicles 6-8years and I'm sure some paint touch ups will be necessary during that time. Yes, mine is 4WD too.
I ordered mine in the white platinum and from what I'm reading here, that seems to be the only thing that is cheaper here in Canada. Only $300 more. I wasn't aware that White Suede was an option until I read through the document my salesman gave me afterwards. Both the US and Cdn Ford websites only show the white tri-coat. I doubt bodyshops would have any problem matching any existing paints but it would likely cost extra. I lease my vehicles, usually for 48 months so I'm hoping no major touch ups are required. I took out Lease Care which covers most everything for 4 years, mainly for peace of mind, especially with all the electronics on board.:)

Like the way it looks, just not a white person on a car, but very nice.

Jack

Nice minivan.

thaywood- Stop being a dick.

If you want to post your thoughts on a vehicle, post it in the 2011 thread. There is exactly zero reason for you to trash someone's vehicle in their own personal thread.

thaywood- stop being a dick.

If you want to post your thoughts on a vehicle, post it in the 2011 thread. There is exactly zero reason for you to trash someone's vehicle in their own personal thread.

+1

Did any of us not order the Platinum on here lol? I wish I had ordered the grey now. It seems everyone is ordering the white. I have always disliked white but I checked out the Platinum on a king rancher and it looked great and white should help any scratches blend in as well.

Had it been my choice, I would have gone either Black or the Kona Blue. My wife loves GM's Diamond White Tri-coat so when she saw Ford had the equivalent, my defense crumbled :rolleyes:

The one I test drove was white, too.

Back