Solved - The A/C blower is not blowing strong. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved The A/C blower is not blowing strong.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Malk67

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Aerostar XLT 3.0L
I replaced my blower motor last summer after the OE one died. My problem is that even with the new one it doesn't seem to blow as strong as the original did back when I first got the van. I did make sure there wasn't any obstructions in the duct work when I replaced the motor. Would a failing relay have any effect on the amount of air being forced through the vents or is there something else to look into? It used to push air into the back and now it feels like it's hardly reaching the front seats.

Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, you can hear and almost feel the different speed settings, but HI feels like what low used to be.

Take out the speed control resistor, then check it with an ohmmeter. You could check the voltage going into the blower motor with a voltmeter. I suspect that the blower motor is not getting the full battery voltage on the high setting.

I'll give that a try.

OK, here's an update.
Went to Lowes and picked up a can of Web Coil Cleaner removed the blower motor and the speed resistor sensor. Sprayed the evaporator coil, let it sit, hosed out a bunch of crap, reassembled everything and gave it a try.
HOLY Crap what a difference. The air is blowing nice and strong now. I plan on doing it again in a month or so just to make sure I've gotten all the crap out of the coil fins. This should also help the A/C system run more efficiently and help extend the life of various components.
I also plan on doing the same thing with the house's A/C system.

It's more of a deep foaming cleaner Gets all the way into the core. Spray it on,let it sit, hose it off.

Back