Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
Today I had some free time so I went to a U pull it yard in south phoenix. There were 4 aeorstar vans, 3 of them in better condition than the one I'm driving. I pulled the grille off an 87. Another one of the vans had a mint condition headliner and carpet that the owner put plastic over the day he got it. The rear bumper cover didn't have a scratch on it. Next row over was a 1984 mustang gt350 with 88k miles on it. I guess someone didn't know only 5200 rolled out of the factory. I pulled the valve covers and clutch fan to put on my 68 cougar.

Attachments

• 20160530_113150.jpg
    20160530_113150.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160530_140123.jpg
    20160530_140123.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20160529_151027.jpg
    20160529_151027.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 153

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my local pull a part has four aerostars 93 and up.unfortunately most of those parts won't fit my 91.

It's too bad that you didn't offer the place a few dollars for a package deal for all of them. It's hard to get parts & old vehicles in mint condition.

In AZ once a vehicle gets a dismantle status it can't be sold complete, it maybe that way in most states. I agree with you on finding good parts or cars that are old.

Could you send me there name I need a transfer case

Could you send me there name I need a transfer case

Yard I went to is self service and no 4 wheel drive aerostar vans. Ebay has a listing for a nos case $365 and car-part.com has 5 pages of yards selling them from $50 on up. Most yards will put a skirt on it and give it a set of legs to get to you. Do you have aluminum or steel drive shafts?

I like fox mustangs. If I had more time, I would have bought it to restore. People junk cars over blown vac lines.

Rear drive shaft is aluminum. I have so many stress cracks I drip very slow about a quart a month I can't check how low I just fill it to the wet finger. I wish the merc fluid was cheaper I buy it by the gallon.

Rear drive shaft is aluminum. I have so many stress cracks I drip very slow about a quart a month I can't check how low I just fill it to the wet finger. I wish the merc fluid was cheaper I buy it by the gallon.

What are your plans? You looking for a stock replacement or are you going to swap in a 1354?

Back