Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input

jg949

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT sport trac
Hi everyone i'm trying to find out where my Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input is located, i think its part of my fuel pump but not sure and if so do I have to replace the whole pump.

See I got a code P0193 which listed several things: one being the fuel filter, changed that didn't help. Second listed was the fuel pressure sensor, have no idea where this is located. Third listed was the fuel pressure regulator, have no idea where this is located on this vehicle, on older vehicles it is located on the fuel rail. Help please.

Oh I was told that either the fuel pressure regulator and the sensor are dealer items, is this ture?:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I forgot to tell you it's a 2004 ford explorer sport trac

Thread bump.

My engine just threw this code.

Fuel rail pressure is bad common on 4.0L It is located on the fuel rail under the driverside of the intake manifold.

Just wanted to reply to my thread, changed the fuel rail pressure sensor and this did the trick, running great now...

Fuel rail pressure is bad common on 4.0L It is located on the fuel rail under the driverside of the intake manifold.

Its now that hard to do your self if you have about a half hour. Just make sure u install following the directions.

Its now that hard to do your self if you have about a half hour. Just make sure u install following the directions.

Thanks its my job, I have a Ford tech for the last 16 Years lol.

i have a 05 ford explorer 4.0 how do u replace the fuel rail pressure sensor

Back