Not a Truck or Car But Painfull | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not a Truck or Car But Painfull

Just bought a 2014 Polaris Sportsman, had it for 9 hours and took her out after dinner for a run after dark. I figured I was out on my lake, knew it well, what could it hurt??

Well, I ran into a soft area with a spring......18" of slush. -12°. Took 2 days of prying and lifting to get her out.

When I hit the slush, both front 1/2 shafts sheered, so I lost my 4wd. I pulled her in Reverse to the boat landing with my snowmobile.

20140207_140553_zpsehlcdpez.jpg

20140207_140538_zps9wvkynwr.jpg

So, how cold and wet were you by the time you got her out? Might be time to invest in some good lights if you want to do any more night riding! :p

So, how cold and wet were you by the time you got her out? Might be time to invest in some good lights if you want to do any more night riding! :p

I was wearing my waterproof, insulated fishing suit. I was like the Michillen Man. Frozen solid and had to walk 3 miles back to the house. Getting her out wasn't that wet of a job, just cold.

Lights? No, new winch and come-along, absolutely. The machine was covered for the damages under warranty, about 2000.00. I had them install a winch while they were fixing it.

I agree with the winch, but lights might have helped avoid the incident altogether! Glad you got it fixed under warranty, that was lucky!

Yikes! So it stopped dead when hitting the slush? And then froze in place when you went home?

Back