Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012

I am going to wash and wax my truck this weekend - as well as get a front end alignment.

The menu is complete (copy heading your way Tbars) as is local food shopping.

I made chorizo burritos last weekend, for practice, and used the Outback Oven and made brownies. Twice, actually - the first time they burned. :(

Let the expedition begin!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CB Channel

BTW, what CB channel are we going to use?

..Cb channel 4 alternate channel 10..;)

..We are almost able to tell what the extended forecast will be. It appears it will be about 60*high and 32* for the low to start out the trip with chance of precipitation on and off during the trip..

Ted we gotta try to get another SoCal run together. All these spring trips is making me itch for adventure...well atleast some burgers dusty interiors and good company.

No run is complete without a trip to In-N-Out... :D:D:D

Ted we gotta try to get another SoCal run together. All these spring trips is making me itch for adventure...well atleast some burgers dusty interiors and good company.

..:scratch:..I'm sure we can get together a Main Divide Rd. run or two when I get back..;)

Sad AWD Ex. :(

Can this trip be made on AWD or does it have to be 4X4? I would love to make this trip. I know that I saw a few scenic spots that at least I can visit so if I cant do this trip at least I can just go cruising to dose scenic spots.

..How do you do driving in sand, mud, and rocky roads? ..Are you stock including your running boards and what type of tires do you have?..

..I know there may be areas that may be questionable and it possibly may be dry but, I would like to think you could make it.

..I guess the real question might be, How adventurous are you?..:D

Can this trip be made on AWD or does it have to be 4X4? I would love to make this trip. I know that I saw a few scenic spots that at least I can visit so if I cant do this trip at least I can just go cruising to dose scenic spots.

The real issue is going to be: Do you have low range? I'm pretty sure low range is a neccessity at least on the White Rim portion of this run, due to the low speeds and steep climbs.

Once we get outside White Rim, I'm not sure we will be using/needing low range. In those areas a decent set of tires should suffice.

Well in very adventurous but the thing is that I went off-road once and ended up with a busted front Dshaft. Now I don't know if it was that it was ready to go out or that it broke cuz it cant take THAT stress and it was light trails and not that steep of a climb. Any way stupid me I didn't notice that this trip was around the corner. I wont keep hi jacking this thread sorry didnt mean to. You guys have fun. I know you will :D.

Just about ready to go...

I moved the shell from one truck to the other (looks better on the other one...) Washed, waxed, rotated tires. And, loaded everything in the back.

Let's go!

Attachments

• Truck.JPG
    Truck.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 201

That's one clean machine:chug:

Looking forward to the trip report.

I hope the report doesn't include any body re-shaping...

...Seven days...Do you have your cameras ready?

My truck is packed...

..I know you are leaving in less than two days to start your trek but, are you planning on bringing that new little HF floor jack?

..I'm not going to be able to see my Explorer till probably Saturday in which time I need to unload it, sort it out, and then reload it...

..We are expecting rain here starting late tonight on/off thru Saturday so I'm expecting some mud in Moab when we get there..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I know you are leaving in less than two days to start your trek but, are you planning on bringing that new little HF floor jack?

I am leaving on Thursday morning... :bounce:

No, the HF jack is not making this trip. I haven't built a skip plate for it, nor have I figured out how to mount it in the off-road truck. Given that, I really didn't want to figure out how to mount it in this truck.

Stay turned - you can see it in Colorado over Labor Day...

Back