How to repair an almost dead "Chime Box"? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to repair an almost dead "Chime Box"?

427Tom

Reaction score
City, State
Marysville, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer XLT
I have a 1991 Explorer, and the "Chime Box" is getting very weak. Barely audible. How do I correct/relace/repair this?? I've tried a number of on-line outlets, and no replacement parts available to date. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you..any and all ideas are appreciated...

I looked around in my junk electrical box, but I must have thrown them all away. I had at least two, one from a Mustang and one from the Explorer. First thing I removed when I took the cars home. You should be able to find one fairly easy. I think they were the same units for many years on many different models.

I have a 1991 Explorer, and the "Chime Box" is getting very weak. Barely audible. How do I correct/relace/repair this?? I've tried a number of on-line outlets, and no replacement parts available to date. Thank you.

You could try cleaning it. Take it out, open it up and blast it with brake cleaner. Its probably full of lint and dust.

Back