U pull-a-thon!!!!!!

cjsmith8766

Reaction score
City, State
Glendale, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT V6 4WD
Hey guys!!
my local u-pull-n-pay is having a "anything you can carry" sale. it's exactly what it sounds like, pull as many parts as you want (must be able to carry load over a 20 foot line) for $60... they don't seem to have any Aviators in the yard (damn! i wanted the to switch over the front brakes!) but they have plenty of navigators, town cars, LS's, Taurus's, mustangs, crown vics, etc...

my question to you guys is what can i pull to fit on my 04 XLT V6... any and all suggestions are welcome, even if you think it only MIGHT work....

your allowed 2 guys and i have enlisted the help of a very good (and very strong) friend of mine, so i have alot of room to play here.

i am already going to be pulling the parts to do an electric fan conversion from a 3.8 (is this the best option??) as well as some parts for a couple other projects i have laying around the yard, but the explorer is my main thought here..

Don't hold back guys! WHAT CAN I GET!?!

(EDIT) they have plenty of explorer's as well... if there are any parts i should be looking for to have on hand let me know!

Don't focus just on large items. Smaller items can cost more and you can carry more of them. They should have a price sheet. Look it over. Can the two of you be carrying the same object? If so, go for an engine.

They used to have that down here too (Southern Az) when the yard was still a u-pull-a-part... It's a new company now...

You would see people carrying 10+ radiators at one time by strapping them together and carrying them over their shoulders.

I had a big Iowa boy come with me last the the yard did that.. He carried a transfer case in one hand and 3 sets of front axles from an explorer plus a bunch of other stuff I used bailing wire to hang them off of him too.. He walked the 20 feet, got tired of waiting for them to check my tool box and then walked back to me.. If should have given him another transfer case to carry...

They had soda and hotdogs and people were hanging around just to watch others try to carry way too much..

~Mark

Back