• Register Today It's free!

3rd gen lift

jaywa

Reaction score
City, State
gold coast queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer
So I'm gonna re ask this question. Alot of posts are of an older nature. Is there a kit to bolt in coilovers like fox shox or something of the like and is there a coilover made for the 3rd gen explorers. I want to get as much lift as possible out of suspension then throw a 2" body lift. I also heard that the 4th gen strut spacers fit the 3rd if there's any truth. The 4th gen wasn't in Australia so I haven't been able to see if it will fit, any links to someone that either makes kits to bolt in other shocks or any links to direct bolt in kits will be handy also if it shares shocks with any other cars, cheers

these are the only coilover suspension upgrades available. http://www.gorancho.com/products/leveling-systems/quicklift-loaded-leveling-system/

The older posts you found are still valid with the suspension lifts available for these things. There isn't much out there because of the independent suspension design, but you can find some stuff. I have a set of these quicklifts and it gives my truck a nice stance. Start with that and a set of bft spacers and upper control arms and together you should get around 3.4-4 inches of lift or so.

Back