2002 Explorer PCM schematic/pin-out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer PCM schematic/pin-out

enet

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer 4x4
Hello,

Can anyone provide a copy of the pinout for the 2002 Explorer's PCM?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sir,
Go to www.alldatadiy.com purchase a subscription ($9.95 year per vehicle.) and there will be full diagrams for any application. I believe I have one for a 03 or 04. Will that work? If it will email me, I will send it to you that way.-j

I have Alldata Professional, let me see what I can pull off of there. I know i had a full pinout for some custom wiring I did for my 03 X before. Like James said, it is quite beneficial to have access to Alldata for your vehicle if you plan to do some custom work on your X.

There was a difference between the pinouts for the MY 02 Explorers. I did not check to see what the specific diff's were. Those with a build date after 03/02 go off of one set of schematics and then there is another set for those X's built earlier than that. I took a guess and assumed you had the later build.

Here they are.

Attachments

• C175A.gif
    C175A.gif
    55.9 KB · Views: 18,188
  • C175A-2.gif
    C175A-2.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 9,476
  • C175B.gif
    C175B.gif
    64.6 KB · Views: 12,801

More.

Attachments

• C175C.gif
    C175C.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 14,132
  • C175C-2.gif
    C175C-2.gif
    58 KB · Views: 8,427

Fuel Circuit Conflaguration.

I am having relitavely the same problem with my 2003 Ranger. It is a 3.0l 6cyl. I have pulled the fuel pump and it functions with power applied, however I am only getting 6.7 volts from the Truck. I do not believe this is the correct voltage.

I have checked to ground with the hot, and it is 6.7, I have checked from Ground to the Ground wire - Continuity. Between the two wires 6.7v. My relay clicks at the start of the key, but no fuel pump.

I would like to get that PCM Schematic, and a better understanding of "grounding the test lead in the self-test connector" to by pass the PCM while I run tests.

What started it was the Fuel pump "Hold in Ring Nut" had popped up and pressure leaking a little. I reseated that plastic nut, and it is now tight, and sealed, but now I have the voltage issue.

Now I did blow a little air into the tank to verify the Fuel Pump Assembly was seated and not leaking, but not to any extreme. Could that have jacked up a sensor, or voltage regulator to the pump?

Need advice, the PCM and Tes Switch Schematic woul be helpful as well.

Thank for your input.

03 explorer xlt v8

On my bank 1 sensor 1 the wires got against the manifold and melted into on really big wire. I'm trying to rewire it and need to know if the pin out shown here for the 2002 is the same as my 2003 xlt with the v8. If not can anyone point me in the right direction to find the correct pin out diagram?
Thanks,
Bill

Back