Wheels and tire combo for Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheels and tire combo for Eddie Bauer

Just trying to find a wheel and tire combo to fill out the width of the eddie bauer flares. I could go with either the off road ( would rather not do the TT shackle route) or street truck look. There was a black and silver sport on the boards a while ago with a 17 in wheel and tire combo that finally did the trick, I just cant seem to find it in the search

Open to any and all suggestions.

It's obvious you're not going to offroad it so the 17-18 inch wheel route is the way to go. Look around for tires that are for those types of wheels and use a metric tire calculator like the one at www.4lo.com to see how wide they will be.

Tire size

Actually looking for guidance on rim sizing, Kind of leaning to the 17X9 or 17x10 to get the width I need to fill the flares. Tire size will be 275 55R 17 or 275 60R17. It seems that most of you are running the cobra R's that fill the xlt wheelwell perfectly, but they look a little lost under the wide flares of the eddie bauer and sport

The other option would be to run say a 32x11:50 15 on a 15x10, but I'm trying to avoid the TT and shackle route to keep my ride quality, the car already has the B code bars up front. I cant use a body lift due to the flat towing brackets behind my front bumper. Not sure I want to spend the $1,500 + for the Superlift kit. I wish RCD would release the Ranger coil over kit. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

By the way is anyone running 33X12:50's under either the superlift or trailmaster 4" kit and no addl body lift ?

Thanks for letting me ramble...

Originally posted by secret agent
Just trying to find a wheel and tire combo to fill out the width of the eddie bauer flares. I could go with either the off road ( would rather not do the TT shackle route) or street truck look. There was a black and silver sport on the boards a while ago with a 17 in wheel and tire combo that finally did the trick, I just cant seem to find it in the search

Open to any and all suggestions.

is this what youre looking for?

enkei6.jpg

enkei4.jpg

thats my truck. youve seen it in black also around here - thats hornz2000 - we both have the same exact wheel and tire combo (though my pictures suck - when i get it back from the shop, hopefully at the end of next week, ill take some much better pics with all my new stuff done to it.)

theyre enkei rt'6 (17x8 with 0 offset) and the tires are pirelli scorpion zeroes 285 60 r17. id be happy to answer any question you have.

oh yeah, if you click the link in my sig for pics, youll find more pics (at my homepage, click on "stage 3.")

That's the real deal !!!! I love the fit and how it actually fills out the width of the wheelwell. With the 285 60r'17's would you lower the truck any ?

Back