Rear Quarter Panel Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Quarter Panel Removal

Triton8273

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the rear quarter panel?

Need to pop a very big dent and those infomercial products aren't doing the job.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't remove a quarter panel without cutting it off. They are spot welded on. Best bet is to try and remove the interior plastic and get to it that way.

I just removed the inside plastic, the ONLY thing to worry about is the seat belt bolt!

Well i don't have that issue since I removed my 3rd row a few months ago...still in the process of building a huge compartment

Those TORX are a ***** huh :D

I could not get mine out, I cut my plastic! LMAO! Gonna fiberglass it back anyways! Had to go to sears twice in one day, I gave up after the second time!

ok, so on this topic. how do you remove all those little plastic plugs?? from the interior panel to remove it. I have a big dent as well. was thinking of taking a sledge hammer to the inside. lol. the best idea i can think. cant figure out how to remove plastic things. (sorry don't quite know all the terminology quite yet)

all it took for me to remove my interior piece was to remove the C and D pillar light grey pieces, then remove the t45 bolt that holds the bottom of the seatbelt in place at the bottom of the C pillar. after that, just pull the panel away from the truck and all of the plastic/metal clips will release

thanks very much. i will give that a try

ive wanted to try that but i also heard that when it gets hot during the summer the dent will magically reappear

Magic!

Back