22 inch rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22 inch rims?

ok.. well the truck might be sold, but the guy wants to know if he can fit 22 inch rims on it? its just my 96 limited.. stock height with the air ride suspension.. would he be able to squeeze those in there? would there be cutting involved? i hope the answer is something he likes.. cuz id have the 9000 in hand and my bills would be almost GONE!! yay!!!

thanks for the help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From my reading, 22s are gonna give a lot of rubbing, so some trimming and maybe cutting will have to be done. 20s seem to fit (and look IMHO) better and involve very little if any trimming. Just show the guy some of the member's Xs that are sittin on 20s, he should be impressed with them.

Robb

someone on this board has 22s on his xlt. and he wants 23s i think. do a search

they'll fit. there are 2 X's on cardomain with 22's. they'll just look ridicously big, and maybe some rubbing on turns.

Yes they will fit if you run an extremely low profile tire (perhaps too small for such a heavy vehicle). The only rubbing problems that you should encounter is on the sway bar.

Back