Multifunction switch diagram or help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Multifunction switch diagram or help

Neva2wicked

Reaction score
City, State
Bombay, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Can anyone provide a pinout for this connector? I'm trying to rework the multifunction switch and all the wires are pulled out.

connectors.jpg

Its been driving me crazy trying to figure this out and I don't want to test each individual wire only to short out something or cause some damage. I'd appreciate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I hope this can help you,

MULTIFUNC_SWITCH_C217.jpg

this is the other side of connector.

MULTIFUNC_SWITCH_C217-TEST.jpg

best regards.

Hi, I hope this can help you,

MULTIFUNC_SWITCH_C217.jpg

this is the other side of connector.

MULTIFUNC_SWITCH_C217-TEST.jpg

best regards.

Sorry for the delay. Been trying to get our grand am and cavalier fixed. It has helped alot, but I think I'm going to need a new connector- since the clips are missing.

My indicators just up and quit on me so I've been searching this site for info and everything points to the multi-function switch,so I went to the library,got an explorer manual; and it says the multi-function switch operates the indicators and the windshield washer/wiper,my washer/wipers work fine so does this mean my indicators not working are caused by something else?My fuses and flasher are all good,I'm new at this game so any advice would be greatly appreciated,cheers,Mike

I just phoned an auto wreckers to see how much a multi-function switch would cost for my 94 XLT and he quoted me $75.00 and that's with me pulling it out,he said the Ford dealer would charge me $150.00 brand new,is this guy yanking my chain or am I using hand signals for awhile,Thanks,Mike

Okay I guess he wasn't yanking my chain because the Ford guy just quoted me $645.00 holy crap,I will be using hand signals for awhile,is there any way around that?thanks,Mike

Okay I guess he wasn't yanking my chain because the Ford guy just quoted me $645.00 holy crap,I will be using hand signals for awhile,is there any way around that?thanks,Mike

I just got a multifunction switch for my 01 for $7.70 at the junk yard. They aer only $65 at the parts store. It doesnt go buy multifunction switch though, its the turn signal switch. If you havent replaced yours yet, let me know. Id be happy to help you out and run back to the yard and pull another one for you.

Thanks for your offer but you're in Chicago,I'm on Vancouver Island,B.C.Canada,My junk yard quoted me $75.00 but that was for the multi-function switch,It wasn't my flasher but I'll ask around about the turn signal switch,thanks for the enlightenment,Mike

Well I see this is an old post, hopefully someone will be able to help. I changed out multifunction switch due to wiper problems. Yes the wires fell out kinda bad. So I went out an purchased a new one. Now I dont think I have brake lights and the rear right blinker dont light up. I changed the bulbs in these very recently. I have used the diagram above for the wiring. Could someone tell me what might be wrong now? Everything was working before changing this out.

There was an older post where the wires were pulling out of the connector. The person pushed the wires back into the connector and hot glued them in. Dave P.

I fixed this issue... no wires are falling out of the connector any longer. Just that my brake lights, excluding the top one, are not working and the right blinker in the back is not working either. Also the right blinker is flashing fast, but is soon shut off when brake is depressed.

Okay, so I got the truck back from the shop (took to Ford dealer), and in the above diagram, I had wires crossed. The BR/Y is where the DB/W is suppose to go, contrasting the above diagram. Problem solved.

I would like to touch base on the above poster whom stated that someone glued them in? Does anyone know if that works?

My issue is that there is NO AFTERMARKET turn signal switch for mine that matches my plugs. I bought a couple from two different places that were slight different and neither worked....YES they worked a couple things like wipers and fluid but no signals or brake lights. the grey plug with all the wires isn't holding the wires in anymore and that is my real issue I believe
so can I buy a new plug from dealer? or possibly I will get the dealer part and try gluing in the wires if someone can confirm this works

Thanks in advance; been dealing with this now for a year....when cold everything works nicely; when warm all goes haywire it sounds like a mini firework show going off in my steering column lol

Are the diagrams correct?

Okay, so I got the truck back from the shop (took to Ford dealer), and in the above diagram, I had wires crossed. The BR/Y is where the DB/W is suppose to go, contrasting the above diagram. Problem solved.

The OP says his wires were crossed, is the diagram correct? While trying to repair my connector, I accidentally let 2 wires come out. Now I don't know which holes they go into.

The OP says his wires were crossed, is the diagram correct? While trying to repair my connector, I accidentally let 2 wires come out. Now I don't know which holes they go into.

I can provide the diagrams and connectors tomorrow night. :biggthump

Back