GWNF Spring Run (2014) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Spring Run (2014)

Nobody said stony run haha. Peavine is most scenic right? My woman's coming so it'd be cool to have awesome scenery. But I've also never driven on shoe creek

Oops! I meant Shoe Creek!!!! Where the ... did i pull Stony Run from...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be the only camper? Lol.
M101a1 specifically. Military trailer. I'm 70% sure mines a 1962 model.

View attachment 79757

I might setup where jd did his tent before.

I tell the yeti that you are coming and to be on the look out for you.

I enjoyed doing a run with all of you a few years ago. Wish I could have done more.

I think I remember you.... which is saying a lot considering that I am a tired old fart.

what did we run together?.... was it peter's mill/tasker or was it Dichtum/second mountain?

or was it that rainfest when we camped at crozet? and you guys were on your way down to unwharrie?

Less than a month to put this back together and get new ball joints in the super duty.
Waiting on a massive parts delivery.

ForumRunner_20140822_195402.jpg

I think I remember you.... which is saying a lot considering that I am a tired old fart.

what did we run together?.... was it peter's mill/tasker or was it Dichtum/second mountain?

or was it that rainfest when we camped at crozet? and you guys were on your way down to unwharrie?

I came up to your place for the day. I don't think you went with the group but the rest of us went to GWNF and ran some trail. If I remember right the night before you wasted a wheel bearing down in the river below your place. We came back to your place and had some great BBQ one of the members brought. Then your neighbor put on a cool fireworks show for everyone.

I came up to your place for the day. I don't think you went with the group but the rest of us went to GWNF and ran some trail. If I remember right the night before you wasted a wheel bearing down in the river below your place. We came back to your place and had some great BBQ one of the members brought. Then your neighbor put on a cool fireworks show for everyone.

Yea I remember you, good to meet ya.didnt you have a stock ex, wife's or a rental or something that time?? Think it was also the time i blew my head gaskets off:(Those fireworks were BAD ASS!!:usa::salute:

Yea I remember you, good to meet ya.didnt you have a stock ex, wife's or a rental or something that time?? Think it was also the time i blew my head gaskets off:(Those fireworks were BAD ASS!!:usa::salute:

Yeah had my wife's 01 explorer that I bought her for when I was working in Richmond. Still have it. We drove it back to CA. Put 20k on it sense we bought it. It has been a good vehicle for her. I remember you had something happen to your explorer and had to have it towed home.

Should someone start a new thread for the September 20th run? Just a thought.

well you definitely got the details right..... and I certainly remember the event now. Did you escape the camp fishfood trails without damage/scratches?

I skipped the trails on your property in my explorer but rode on some of them with another member. I just had my wife's bone stock explorer.

trip leader

Should someone start a new thread for the September 20th run? Just a thought.

man I am sorry that I don't remember your first name but I am an old fart....
Anyway as I suggested a while back, I am hoping that you will take the lead on planning, leading, etc. the trail ride portion of the weekend.... That will leave me free to coordinate what's happening on my end for the folks that want to spend the night weekend etc. at my place. So I am depending on you to pick the what, where, and when, to meet for the trip that you pick.

I am not good with using the forums (or any kind of social media) so I don't know how to post new threads (or original threads for that matter)... I am all for opening a new thread or re naming this one or whatever you see fit...

if you start a new thread can you somehow notify the folks or at least me of the new thread so I can subscribe to that one as well?

Thanks

I think I can do that.
Don't worry about the name thing, I constant forget unless I've met the person about 29 times.

Mine is Michael...yours is... Stacey I believe.

I'm focused on prepping for my trip to OBX over the long weekend. On Tuesday I will open a new thread for trail portion of the trip.

I know I have t been on lately but count me in! Just ordered my trailer parts and should be towing my ranger with my 350!!! It's been too long!

Getting close!!!

I have to work Sunday at the bar so think my game plan is to ride up with Tim on Friday night and either ride back with him or Chris Saturday night.this should give my back a little break from sitting in the truck the whole day and wheeling all day.

Maybe Friday we can head into town or meet in town at "james on the river" restaurant for some dinner/drinks and head back to the property for some night wheeling and shenanigans ;)

It's looking like I'm going to have to back out on this trip. My girl will be in NY next weekend and I'm stuck with the kids and animals. I have alot going on as it is and it's to much of a hassle juggling everything around for that weekend. I'll be down for all the future runs for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JD ruins it. We have a new thread! Lol

Huh do what?? And where?? Haven't seen a link posted so wouldnt know..

Back