4" sus. + ?" body = 33/12.5 clearance on '92? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4" sus. + ?" body = 33/12.5 clearance on '92?

My dream is finally becoming reality!! I only had to max out a new credit card and sell a kidney to pay for it :D

Just got the 4" Skyjacker put on. Right now the X is looking like a teenager in a growth spurt, all lanky and disproportionate, riding on 235s till the shop can put on the body lift for my sweet 33/12.5 BFG MT ko's on 15x8 American Racing Atlas rims.

Question: should I go with a 2" or 3" body lift to fit said tires? If 2 will do, I'd rather not do 3 and raise the ol' center o' gravity any higher than necessary.

well, if doing it at all, do the 3" ...if you dont youll regret it later..... or you could not do the bl and do a lot of fender trimming.... but youll probably need to do trimming even with the 3" bl

If you have the same beauty trim (that's what I call it) on yours as my 93 does, you will have to do the 3" and still trim a little. The knobs on your tires are going to grab the inside edge of the trim behind the tire. Drimmel tool and about 5-10 minutes and you will be all set.

Back