Reaction score
City, State
lou,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 02 XLS
6x6.jpg

What do you think? I think I need one.

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

isnt that an old military duece and a half? those things kicked @$$

Originally posted by jimabena74
isnt that an old military duece and a half? those things kicked @$$
That's exactly what is is. And talking kicking @ss, your right, they ride so bumpy, that's all it does do. :) Trust me, I know!

Will an X fit back there??? Good tow vehicle if you could build a ramp and fit an X up there. :D

Originally posted by Xplodor
Will an X fit back there??? Good tow vehicle if you could build a ramp and fit an X up there. :D

With a top speed of 55 mph going downhill with a tailwind it makes for a pretty crummy drive all by itself. Wouldn't want to imagine what it is like while towing.

my friends 66 bronco has a really bumpy ride... must have sucked for hom when he drove home doing 35 mph on the freeway.. he lost his rearend while we were playing at hollister svra.... 4x4 on dry pavemnt in a 35 year old truck isnt good.... it got him home though

Yeah, I know there heavy, slow and bumpy, but for $7k, it would be a hell of a work truck. Could you imagine taking that to the hardware store to pick up some plywood or to pull the baot to the lake. A inline six seems a little small for 2.5 ton vehicle though. It has to be geared low to pull that weight, maybe you could regear to get it up to atleast 65.
I'm used to the bumpy, I had a 78 Scout II with leafs on all corners. Driving down the freeway could give you whiplash, but it would pull anything.

I'd swap it with a chevy 350 for better more cheap parts and one that you can actually work on.

Those are so tight, I have always wanted one

Shweet!

Chris

Back