• Register Today It's free!

Oil Change Required!!!

Eddie J.

Reaction score
City, State
Earth
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Eddie Bauer
I have some troubles with the oil change light, or with the sensor (there is one?) or with something regarding that in my 2006 EX - Eddie B ... it could be troubles with the engine oil ? I don't know.

The only thing I know is the following:

- I buyed my EX in April 2006.. the first 5,000 miles the indicator was like: -
0 Miles - 100% oil life,
after around 2,500 Miles - around 50 % oil life
near 5,000 miles it shows 0 % and "oil change required" this was on September.

I went to dealer for the 5,000 miles first service, they replaced filter and the original oil (5w20) with 5w30 -motorcraft ford specific.

I traveled just around other 2,500 miles up today and I have been advised 3 times that I need to change the oil and I reset it to 100% each time. Today the light come on again :mad:

Before return to the dealer I want to know if someone of you have seen the same thing.. and if someone knows how this indicator work? what normally trigger it? the miles traveled? the oil viscosity? time? all?

thanks in advance for your comments.
:salute:

you have to reset it after every oil change. The dealer should do it for you if they did the oil change. Its very simple. I'm not positive if this is the correct sequence without looking at the buttons but its something like this:
press the display button until you get to system check then hold down the reset button. when it gets to engine oil life hold down the reset button again.

you have to reset it after every oil change. The dealer should do it for you if they did the oil change. Its very simple. I'm not positive if this is the correct sequence without looking at the buttons but its something like this:
press the display button until you get to system check then hold down the reset button. when it gets to engine oil life hold down the reset button again.

I have found you have to push that twice at that point to reset for it to "take" but then works as designed.

Look in your owners manual. It tells you how to reset it. You can also change the frequency of oil changes. At 100% it's good for 5000 miles or 180 days at 80% it will remind you at 4000 miles or 150 days, 60% is for 3000 miles or 120 days.

Back