• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ruby Red Sport ordered

fjc2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Thought I should start my own thread - ordered a 2014 Explorer Sport on December 16th. Actually, the dealer had it on order already, but it wasn't spoken for yet - and it was early enough to modify the order.

Getting the 402A package, black interior, Ruby Red paint. Excitedly awaiting it to be built - last tracking in the system says it has a planned build date of January 15th, and an estimated arrival at the dealer of between Jan 21-27th.

Now I just have to hope the weather here gets better so I can enjoy the delivery!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's great! Not much longer to wait but I'm sure it seems like an eternity. ;)

Post picts when you get it.

Yeah I'm fired up. Found out today that the order is "at the plant" so hopefully it won't move from the 15th. Window sticker is up and looks good. :)

Well, hoping mine got built yesterday as planned. My source tells me the status is still listed as "Build on the 15th, In Production"...

Well, hoping mine got built yesterday as planned. My source tells me the status is still listed as "Build on the 15th, In Production"...

The system seems to update after 11am EST for some time, then later in the afternoon I have found. They are not in real time. I'm sure it was built on the 15th, rarely are the dates off by even a day.

I'm now told mine got produced yesterday, on the 17th!

Now the, "I know it's out there, but it ain't here yet!" wait begins.

I'm now told mine got produced yesterday, on the 17th!

Now the, "I know it's out there, but it ain't here yet!" wait begins.

It'll be here before you know it, fjc2. PM me your VIN if you'd like an update on your Explorer's status. :thumbsup:

Crystal

It'll be here before you know it, fjc2. PM me your VIN if you'd like an update on your Explorer's status. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thanks! PM inbound. :)

Curse my lack of patience! :)

Still waiting. Crystal was nice enough to check, and said it is scheduled to be delivered by the 27th. My other source told me today it is still listed as "Waiting to ship" or something like that and in Chicago. Been 8 days since it was built.

Soon...soon.

And... still waiting. As far as my dealer can tell, it hasn't left the plant yet, 12 days after being built.

Just heard that mine has been released by the factory and is just waiting to ship. Time to get excited again! :)

So it was built on the 17th of January and still waiting to ship a month later? Not something that I want to hear since mine was built 2/9 and last I heard is that delivery date is ~24th.

I wonder if yours got held back due to the "stop shipment" on all 4wd models.

Nice man I got mine at Valentine's day and Ruby red please.... car was born on December 19th 2013

So it was built on the 17th of January and still waiting to ship a month later? Not something that I want to hear since mine was built 2/9 and last I heard is that delivery date is ~24th.

I wonder if yours got held back due to the "stop shipment" on all 4wd models.

Yeah mine was definitely part of the stop-ship. So they must have fixed whatever the stop-ship involved and released it. I'm hoping it was worth the wait. :)

Yeah mine was definitely part of the stop-ship. So they must have fixed whatever the stop-ship involved and released it. I'm hoping it was worth the wait. :)

I got a call this afternoon from my dealer and my Ex has been released and is awaiting shipment. ETA is still 24th ish. I would bet your ETA is similar since it was just released as well. Anyway, the wait is almost over for both of us.

I got a call this afternoon from my dealer and my Ex has been released and is awaiting shipment. ETA is still 24th ish. I would bet your ETA is similar since it was just released as well. Anyway, the wait is almost over for both of us.

Definitely - was told this morning that mine has shipped and is "in transit."

Definitely - was told this morning that mine has shipped and is "in transit."

I'm jealous, last I heard, mine was still waiting shipment and new ETA is 3/4. Do you have a new ETA?

Could of been one big ole TSB if Ford would have have released them out to the public. Glad Ford was upfront on the heads up to everybody what the problem was.

I'm jealous, last I heard, mine was still waiting shipment and new ETA is 3/4. Do you have a new ETA?

Nope, no new ETA as of yet. My dealer is closed Sat/Sunday so I'm guessing it will arrive there Monday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And - Dealer just called and said they are unloading it from the truck right now. Told me to come by and pick it up this afternoon.

Back