2nd gen Front bumper build | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen Front bumper build

The pics are a little blury because it's so bright outside. I washed her up today but I still have to shine up the herculiner.

Attachments

• 2014-11-21 14.19.36.jpg
    2014-11-21 14.19.36.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 558
  • 20141121_140753-1.jpg
    20141121_140753-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 20141121_140736.jpg
    20141121_140736.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 601
  • 20141121_140621.jpg
    20141121_140621.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 665
  • 20141121_140601.jpg
    20141121_140601.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 605

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work...i like those flush mount lights in the rear bumper. Did you get flood or spot pattern? I was looking to get a pair of the flood pattern to replace what I have now for reverse lights. RuffStuff seems to be the cheapest i've found.

I don't know if Hootusliner has improved their formula over the years but it didn't hold up well for me. I used it on the bed (when I had a bed) on my ranger it turned hard like stucco and seemed the thin out.

On my daily driver I used a Summit racing brand undercoater on my wheel wells and it's held up great. For 6 bucks a can (used 2 cans) i'm not complaining.

Nice work...i like those flush mount lights in the rear bumper. Did you get flood or spot pattern? I was looking to get a pair of the flood pattern to replace what I have now for reverse lights. RuffStuff seems to be the cheapest i've found.

I don't know if Hootusliner has improved their formula over the years but it didn't hold up well for me. I used it on the bed (when I had a bed) on my ranger it turned hard like stucco and seemed the thin out.

On my daily driver I used a Summit racing brand undercoater on my wheel wells and it's held up great. For 6 bucks a can (used 2 cans) i'm not complaining.

The lights are flood pattern and are wired to my reverse lights which are LED as well. I can't remember the brand but I got them from amazon and they were on sale for like 68$. They work great and are really bright! I have had to redo the herculiner a few times for the same reason you said. I was thinking about using some of the rattle can stuff over it but I'm not sure how it will hold up.

Is that $68 a pair? If so that's a great price...half of RuffStuff's price.

You could always try the undercoater in a small section and see how it does. I'm sure it will hold up fine.

Yeah 68 a pair! I figured what the hell they're cheap enough! Can't really go wrong. They've been in for about 6 months so far

Sorry it was ebay not amazon. Just search for "flush mount fog lights".

Explorer

Nice truck!
I love the bumpers, makes it look tuffer.
I like the mountaineer front on the explorer 2 door body as well, just plain cool!
Keep up the good work!

Nice truck!
I love the bumpers, makes it look tuffer.
I like the mountaineer front on the explorer 2 door body as well, just plain cool!
Keep up the good work!

i always liked the mounty grille and headlights better plus it messes with a lot of people! Thanks for the compliments!

Dang, the bumpers are sweet! Very nice work!

In fact your entire truck looks great. Well done!

:thumbsup:

Thanks Jon i appreciate it! i wish i could afford the shipping to send em to you for some powder!

Very nice job, both front and rear. I aspire to do the same for my truck sometime in the near future.

Where did you get those black, plastic wheel well extensions? Those look like a practical way to keep splatter off the paint. Mine's more of a street car, rather than an off road vehicle, so keeping it tidy is good.

Cheers,

Very slick build Josh. Really gives it a beastly look in the front and the rear. I have been doing some light mods aka bigger tires, basket rack, aux lights, CB radio, exhaust and whatnot...the easy stuff. But I have been keeping an eye out on a craigslist welding machine and have really been wanting to start up welding again. Your project, along with some of these other beautiful fab jobs have really made me want to dive in. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rob

But I have been keeping an eye out on a craigslist welding machine and have really been wanting to start up welding again.

Don't shy away from the little 110v welders. Using the flux core wire they're plenty strong enough to build most "accessories" for your rig. Suspension is one I would not use it on except to maybe tack things up and finish off with a hotter machine, but they're far more portable, cheaper, and if you can find a Lincoln, Miller, or Hobart, one of your better brands, they'll last forever too. I've had my Lincoln for about 15 yrs or so now and still running strong.

Back