• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2014 May 16-18

If you plan on attending pick the best date for Moab 2014

• May 16-18

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • May 30 - 1

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Alright then, now all we need is one of those mid-May freak snow storms!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which trails do you want to run?

I haven't heard a word. Often we decide on the spot...:dunno:

Never wheeled Moab, So "Top of the World" is on my bucket list.

Need to get a better camera! $$$ Uhg.

Bring what ya got!

It's driveable yes?

Yes but just wont be able to make it. Im still in school and have finals the week of the trip.

..check the first post..;)

Think it may need updated a bit.....I'm still a maybe, but don't think I'll be able to get away from work...

Since I sold my trail rig, I'll probably swing down for a day or two to meet up with you guys; I don't plan on any wheeling since I'll drive my Taurus down. My Ranger isn't properly equipped to go wheeling just yet...and 16 mpg to 32 mpg...makes a difference. :p: Was there a decision on the day we are all meeting up for dinner? I'll probably come down early Saturday morning, stay the night, and drive back Sunday AM.

(Edit) The 2014 Moab run will take place May 16-18.

Saturday night dinner:

The Branding Iron has always served us well. Just bring your patience. ;). I will try to make our reservation for 7pm and will confirm that asap.

Who is coming??

Rick
DTR?
Randall?
Adamsbro2
FR-425
Trckmagik
Nharris
MrQ
mrboyle
67truckguy

Rick-o-meter..>

Any updates on the reservations? Attendees?

Locker! Done.. ...

IMG_20140418_142309_zps275eb39d.jpg

Rick-o-meter..>

Any updates on the reservations? Attendees?

Dinner is on for 7 on Saturday. I haven't taken anyone off the list who was a maybe:dunno:

29 days!

clock_zps58a145b5.jpg

Worked for several hours today changing out the 3.73's for the 4.10 axle. Trying to do this crap by yourself is nuts!! Fortunately all I have left is to attach the parking brake lines, the brake lines and calipers, and get the driveshaft off the old axle. For some reason, those driveshaft bolts would not come off, even with 500ft-lbs of impact wrench torque on them.

I know! That's some serious Locktite Ford is using.

My axle swap buddy was a motorcycle jack. Big help.

Also works great as a transmission jack.

Man! This True-trac is smooth!

Doesn't push through turns like the LS, but hit the gas and it's a lock'n, nice and smooth like a rattle snake coil'n for the strike.. ... .

I really didn't think the LS had enough grip to cause "locker push" but I was wrong!

Better straight line feel on the highway too. Mint!

I know. I used a tranny jack, movers dolly, and a big ass jack to get that thing moved around. I wonder if I can write off hernias as an occupational hazard?

The 8.8 is a chunk!

8.8 is our code word for "big girl"

They think 8.8 out of ten, but we get it!

I let loose the springs from the rear shackles, bolted the axle to the springs, and then upsy-daisy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is how I did it.

Back