• Register Today It's free!

Changing Spark Plugs

LS6454

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Adrenalin Sport Trac
Hello i am new here so i dont know if this question has been asked..My wife owns a 2004 Adrenalin Sport Trac with the 4.0 V-6

How in the heck do you change the plugs on the passenger side ???

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello i am new here so i dont know if this question has been asked..My wife owns a 2004 Adrenalin Sport Trac with the 4.0 V-6

How in the heck do you change the plugs on the passenger side ???

Thanks

Hire lil miniature men to do it:D

Seriously its a pain in the butt, you'll need some extensions and swivel extensions. I cant remember the exact combo I used but if you buy a few of those (good to have in the tool box anyway) you can get through it.
They make some of those long flexible extensions also, maybe try one of those.

Path of least resistance is to jack up the right side and take the right front wheel off and go in through the fenderwell. You may have to pull off the rubber splash guard but it's easy to put back on, maybe buy some new buttons for them at AutoZone for a couple bucks.

Removing fender well splash guard

That is right, you need to remove the splash guard to access the plugs on the passenger side. There are several push pins there, and like the name suggests, you pull them out with a flat head screw driver or a fork-like tool, then just yank them out. They go in by just pushing them back in.

+1 to JohnnyO and Joey's suggestions but use Autolite APP104's or Motorcrafts because our Tracs' motors don't really like other spark plugs for some reason.

I didnt know they made a Sport Trac adrenalin in 2004?

I didnt know they made a Sport Trac adrenalin in 2004?

Resident Ford Tech, 2001 Eddie Bauer 5.0L, Cherry Bomb Cat back

Really?

New Sport Trac Features for 2004

* Four vehicle trims: XLS, XLT, XLT Premium and Adrenalin.
* Tweaked interior with a revised instrument cluster.
* XLT standard equipment includes power mirrors, remote keyless entry, tilt steering wheel, speed control, woven floor mats.
* XLT Premium adds a new monochromatic look that includes color-keyed bumpers, fascia, moldings and step bars
* The Adrenalin premium audio system is upgraded for 2004
* FFV Engine capability allows engine to operate on traditional gasoline or ethanol 85 blended fuel
* New exterior colors: Competition Orange Clearcoat, Pueblo Gold Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Metallic

Pricing & Fuel Economy

Sport Trac XLS

* MSRP: $24,355
* EPA estimated mpg: 16 city/21 highway

Sport Trac XLT

* MSRP: $25,595

Sport Trac XLT Premium

* MSRP: $28,000

Sport Trac Adrenalin

* MSRP: $28,795