Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fantom.....try a google search and see if you can find the answer with that. I search quiet a bit and saw a lot of info for other Explorers and where to find the code. It seems with different years, you have to look in different areas. good luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did several searches, still unable to find it, unless its behind the passenger airbag. Not sure if I really wanna pull that out. might just bite the bullet and pay the dealership the $95 they want

Yeah its behnd the pas. air bag....i have a 03 sport....just disconnect you bat.....take all of your stuff out of your glove box and then unhinge you glovebox let it hang and then take out the bolts and GENTLY move it towards you and then there is a box behind it....you code is on that....then write it down and then do all the steps in reverse...should only take about 20-30mins to do...

My 2011 explorer had a glitch in the keypad. It's been in the shop for a week.

I have never been a fan of this feature once I saw my nephew years back use all his fingers taping very fast and it unlocked my car without knowing the code. Haven't had him check my new explorer but I am sure he can get it to unlock.

Unless there's a fault, it's highly unlikely. There's about 3,125 possibilities of what your code can be, using a 5-digit number code.

Mine was on a credit card size card in a clear sleeve outside of the purse that holds the owners manual etc

Mine was missing as well when I went to take delivery last week. Our X had been transferred between two different dealers, so the salesman thought one of them might have taken it out of the vehicle. They said I could come back and they could hook the computer up to it and tell us the code.

The dealer service department should be able to take your vin # and get the code for you.

I don't think you can break the code after 3 or 4 times the pad times out.

Mine was missing as well when I went to take delivery last week. Our X had been transferred between two different dealers, so the salesman thought one of them might have taken it out of the vehicle. They said I could come back and they could hook the computer up to it and tell us the code.
Look under the dash on the driver's side near the fuse box. If you see a white sticker with 5 black numbers (zeroed out for photo) just above a large white plug, that is your code.
In the photo, the fuse box is to the upper left, above the yellow sideways 'A'.

Peter

Attachments

• PC170277a.jpg
    PC170277a.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 9,783

Look under the dash on the driver's side near the fuse box. If you see a white sticker with 5 black numbers just above a large white plug, that is your code.

Peter

Nice. Thanks that worked!

key pad code location

It seems that you found your code under the dash but for anyone else looking for a code and cant find it. I have 2 explorers 96 & 98. Look in the cargo area drivers side in the compartment with the jack, look towards the front of the truck and see a grey box with electrical connections. This box will have a white label on it, here you will find a 5 didget number printed bold black. This is the code for your keypad. It will not be labeled as being the code. This code is the factory permanent code, you can use this one or you can enter this code and then program your own personal code.

I have a similar situation and was not given the card with the code on it. I do not see the code under the dash on the driver's side, either. I guess I will have to deal with the dealer. Frustrating.

I have a similar situation and was not given the card with the code on it. I do not see the code under the dash on the driver's side, either. I guess I will have to deal with the dealer. Frustrating.
I wonder why some have the sticker and others do not? I have updated my previous post with a photo.
Also, welcome to the Forum Gdwheel.:wavey:

Look under the dash on the driver's side near the fuse box. If you see a white sticker with 5 black numbers (zeroed out for photo) just above a large white plug, that is your code.
In the photo, the fuse box is to the upper left, above the yellow sideways 'A'.

Peter

Thank Peter for the photo. I was not looking up in there far enough. I had to get a mirror to find it, but I did. Thanks again.

It seems that you found your code under the dash but for anyone else looking for a code and cant find it. I have 2 explorers 96 & 98. Look in the cargo area drivers side in the compartment with the jack, look towards the front of the truck and see a grey box with electrical connections. This box will have a white label on it, here you will find a 5 didget number printed bold black. This is the code for your keypad. It will not be labeled as being the code. This code is the factory permanent code, you can use this one or you can enter this code and then program your own personal code.

That's the location on the old body series.

Yes. As I stated I have. 1996 and a 1998 explorer. Never said I was for the newer explorers.

HELP! I just purchased a brand new 2013 XLT explorer. I was messing with the mytouch screen and was tryign to add new key code. it asked what I wanted to do with the other and I said delete. So now there is no code at all. Am i screwed? How do I get the facotry code back in?

Do you actually need the factory one in there for anything? I'm not sure... I know they tell you not to throw away the factory one because if the battery dies it will reset to the factory one, and you don't want to be screwed and not know what it is...will it not let you add a new one at this point? (I am not at my vehicle so I can't look at the menu right now)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think you can delete the factory code.

Back