Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Winch is on, now I'm ready!
image.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put me down for 1 on Saturday's dinner. I'll only be able to make it down for the day (I'll be there late Friday and leave early Sunday) and only have the Bronco, but I want to at least come down and hang out for the day and tag along on the stocker run.

Well, I'm out. My budget just went to smithereens after helping a family member with some unexpected expenses. :banghead: Which really sucks, because I was looking forward to spending my birthday out there. :censored: I guess that's just how it goes, right?

So, about next year...

:( sorry to hear it.

Yeah, it's a bummer for sure. But if we look for a silver lining here, it just means I have a whole year to get ready for the next trip! :biggthump

I'm still eager to see all of the pics and carnage reports from this year, so here's to hoping all goes well for you guys! :chug:

Just checking back for updates. Will be staying in the area, though not sure if we are arriving early friday morning or thursday evening. Staying through sunday.

Two stockers, one sport and one 4-door.

Is there a plan of attack for trails and leads? Or is that all being handled at a starting location?

...speaking of, where is the starting location? =)

Also have a pair of GoPros and some other camera gear if you want to have some shots made.

Just checking back for updates. Will be staying in the area, though not sure if we are arriving early friday morning or thursday evening. Staying through sunday.

Two stockers, one sport and one 4-door.

Is there a plan of attack for trails and leads? Or is that all being handled at a starting location?

Also have a pair of GoPros and some other camera gear if you want to have some shots made.

Last time I went we kind of decided trail runs each morning and decided who was gonna lead

Another thought...don't know if y'all have ever down any off-road games but I'm stealing these from the jeep guys.

A couple games we participated in was the egg challenge and blindfold challenge. For the egg challenge, there was a road course set up with turns, dips, ditches, etc. and the passenger held an egg out the pass window on a ladle without dropping the egg and the driver had to navigate the course in the shortest amount of time - winner got an award of some kind.

second was the blindfold driving, in which the driver was blindfolded and the passenger had to help navigate the course by telling the driver when to turn, drive, etc. shortest time won.

then there is the pure off road drag race as well.

didn't know if these would be of any interest to anyone and if there was a place we could do these at? just a thought!

We meet at the City Market in the middle of town each morning at about 8:30. We try to hit the road by 9am.

Jug of milk on the hood is always fun.

The object is to be the one with the LEAST amount left in the jug!

The roll over is usually the winner!

Jug of milk on the hood is always fun.

The object is to be the one with the LEAST amount left in the jug!

The roll over is usually the winner!

Haha! I'd personally rather use water lol! :D

...I'm leaving for Moab this week..:confused:

...First stop Northern California, then Northern Arizona, then Moab..:D.

Sweet be careful...I'll be coming into Moab on Tuesday evening...

Whereabouts in Northern AZ? I'm just north of Flagstaff on the Hopi rez...

Mormon Lake just S of Flag for the weekend before Moab for Overland Expo. I will be there too then its on to Moab from there.

Sounds like a good time! Wanted to check that out, but I'll be in Tuba City working coverage at the fire station that weekend...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would anyone be interested in a manual 1354 with all parts to install shifter boot ect? I could bring it with me. If any one wants it.

Back