Explorer wheel interchange question! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer wheel interchange question!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

imagejpeg_2_34.jpg

Bump. Need info by 4 today! Thanks in advance

x2 on Si, they'll fit

Thanks guys! Found this set for $120, 60%tread. Just wanted to double check id have no issues with rubbing on my awd before i made the drive for these. thanks again

IMAG0891.jpg

I like the wheels, tires arent as aggresive as I'd like but i won't complain for the crazy price i got these for. They do need spacers though, as they are crazy close to the control arms and sit in further than I like. Anyone that used these wheels know how big of spacers would be ideal? Thanks!

Anyone? Need to know how big of spacers or if Ill need adapters. Whats the offset on the 99 16's and the 05 17's

Anyone? Need to know how big of spacers or if Ill need adapters. Whats the offset on the 99 16's and the 05 17's

The offset is "printed" on the inside of the rims. Between those and the difference in rim width, you can calculate what size spacers you want to return to the original stance (or even wider, if you want to).

Would I be able to use the factory studs with 1/2 spacers safely? Or would I need to beat out the old studs and replace them with longer studs...

Back