2011 xlt Engine Noise Coming from Speaker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 xlt Engine Noise Coming from Speaker

Burnout01

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
We started having intermittent issue where the front right speaker starts making this whining noise and and seems to be mimicking the engine RPM. When I speed up the motor the noise gets louder.

Has anyone else have this problem and know what the fix is? We are out of warranty and I wouldn't mind fixing it myself if I have a better idea what the problem is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We started having intermittent issue where the front right speaker starts making this whining noise and and seems to be mimicking the engine RPM. When I speed up the motor the noise gets louder.

Has anyone else have this problem and know what the fix is? We are out of warranty and I wouldn't mind fixing it myself if I have a better idea what the problem is.
Sounds like something has broken down. On older cars I believe they used some setup using capacitors to eliminate this. Not sure if modern vehicle have the same type of noise suppression. I'm sure someone more familiar with it will respond soon enough. Could also be a bad ground.

Peter

Is the radio turned on when it happens?

If so, what audio source is playing?

We can turn the radio off and the noise still comes through.

i have this problem on my 2004 so i am subscribing for potential similarities.

It seems to me that there was another member that also had this issue but I haven't been able to find that post.

Peter

It seems to me that there was another member that also had this issue but I haven't been able to find that post.

Peter

I did the typical search before posting and couldn't find anything as well.

I also have the clunking noise on the front right wheel but did find that thread.

Is this the noise you are getting ?

I am having the same problem. Did not happen for several months and then Monday morning, here we go again.

Is this the noise you are getting ?

I am having the same problem. Did not happen for several months and then Monday morning, here we go again.

Take a good look and inspect all the wiring for the spark plugs. May have a wire arcing to ground. Also look at the injector wires. Any mice nesting under the hood??

Did anyone ever find a cause of this?

Hello Ford folks

I have a 2012 explorer. Purchased used a few years ago and intermittently I'll get some whine noise through the speakers that changes with engine load. Any ideas there?

Back