Rough Idle With A/C | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rough Idle With A/C

Hello , I can't find any good info on my problem and need some help. 2014 XLT, when a/c clutch engages engine idles rough/shakes. its like the idle air control valve is not compensating for the extra load

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 15 does the same. Within the first 10 min of driving, going through the drive thru (1st coffee) it has a huge rpm drop. By the time it warms up (2nd coffee) its fine. Trying to find out whats up myself......... Battery might be a dud.

my 13 ex does this too. it down revs sometimes and really shakes the whole car. pretty sure its the a/c cause when i turn it off it stops. i also have a high output alternator in there but i dont think thats why

Hello , I can't find any good info on my problem and need some help. 2014 XLT, when a/c clutch engages engine idles rough/shakes. its like the idle air control valve is not compensating for the extra load
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Using the Forum's 'Search' program I found this existing thread and merged yours with it.

Peter

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. My 2013 Explorer has a rough idle when the AC is on. The compressor kicks on and off and doesn't blow out cold air at the vents. This happens sporadically, but seems to be happening more often.

So, where are the expansion valves located on these things? Are they on the engine side of the firewall and underneath the vehicle? Or are they tear the whole interior apart to get the air box out to get the expansion valve out? I don't mind doing the work. I do mind a bit spending the money. I WILL mind it if I have to rip the dash apart to get to the expansion valves but I have a funny feeling they are just on the otherside of the firewall and just the other side of the underside in the rear. Just inside.

thanks looks like outside of firewall if what I am seeing on that stud is correct should be pretty easy to change if I wind up having to change it.

Back