91 stock wheel size | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 stock wheel size

Ive done a search in this forum for the stock wheel size on my 91 to no luck. I know theyre 15" rims but thats it. I need to know this so i can figure out what the max size tire i can get away with, without having to upgrade my wheel size.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what ive read, the shackles only give 1.5 to 1.75" lift in the rear, so if that is correct then id need something else to even things up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, the shackles ive seen on ebay r only giving about 1.25" height sooo im gonna have to get another leaf spring to make up the difference.....most likely.

I was one of the fortunate ones that could run 33's with a Superlift 5.5 and no trimming. I also ran 33 x 12.5's on the stock rims.

image004.jpg

Ok so im looking on ebay for f150 coil spacers, what type am i looking for? Does the year and whether its 2wd or 4wd matter?

Thanks! Just what i was looking for. 1992 to 1996 2wd models. I need to see if anyone can locate some for me...i cant find any here locally.

I just got mine a few days ago, and it has 30x9.50/15's after some searching it has my speedo off by 5 MPH.

225/70/15 is factory size per my door label. I try to run tires pretty close to keeping speedo accurate so I don't have to re-gear anything.

Don't get me wrong all y'all that have these rigs lifted look pretty sharp, I have no use in that seeing as mine is 2WD.

Got my coil spacers from a gentleman on here, thanks Trevor! I'm going to paint them black. Next is the difficult choice of buying the shackles. I can get 2" or 2.5" shackles for my ex. The ones I found are BLUE tho lol! Not exactly a match for my red/black scheme. I will paint them black as well. Then, after that, its the skyjacker 2" over shocks. Man, I can't wait to get this done :)

Ok, so I'm contemplating upgrading my wheels to 15x8's. Just considering it. What backspacing should I be looking for? I know my stockers will go up to 31x10.5x15 tires which i can get for 800 at my tire shop, installed and everything. Just thinking in my brain if the 15x8's would be better. Does any 15x8 wheel work with the lug pattern we have or not?

You can measure with a tape measure to determine what tire size will fit and what will hit. On a stock rim add the difference in tire radius and or width. Then the tire rubbing issues can be addresssed.

I'm not worried. I'm gonna do the 2" lift, get the 31x10.5x15's and be happy.

You guys are giving inch dimensions, So what size does this mean then? (p235 75 r15)

I was one of the fortunate ones that could run 33's with a Superlift 5.5 and no trimming. I also ran 33 x 12.5's on the stock rims.

image004.jpg

Why are the brands on the inside?

Why are the brands on the inside?

If you are asking why is it black wall out instead of white..

I can't answer for JDraper, but I can say for myself, I prefer the black out. The white just doesn't stay white, especially on a vehicle taken off-road and personally, I think it makes it look too busy..

It just occurred to me, the Riken tires on our Mustang and the Dunlop tires on the honda don't eve had white raised lettering on them. I can't remember if the Falken tires on the 4x4 van are have white on them.. and I installed them on the rims too.. Dang old age..

~Mark

If you are asking why is it black wall out instead of white..

I can't answer for JDraper, but I can say for myself, I prefer the black out. The white just doesn't stay white, especially on a vehicle taken off-road and personally, I think it makes it look too busy....

~Mark

What he said :) I preferred it that way.

Tires for sale?

Ok thanks. I was thinking the person who installed might have made a mistake. Nice notion though.

By the way, does anyone happen to have stock (225 75 r15) tires with good remaining usability that they don't want?

Back