2016 explorer odometer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 explorer odometer

Mblackburn17

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 ford explorer
Hi !
I just totaled my explorer and was wondering if there is a way to find out my odometer reading. The front end is shattered including pieces of the motor and of course will not start. The insurance company of course wants to know the mileage and the only thing I could thrill them was I had my oil changed in 2/2016. I'm amazed after flipping and rolling it I walked away with only a few scratched. The safety features did there job!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as the vehicle powers on (accessory mode), a dealer should be able to plug into it and read the mileage. Tell your insurance company to call a dealer, it isn't your responsibility to find this out... you pay THEM.

Glad to hear you walked away ok!!

It's a 2016, just make up a low number.

Smokes right. This isn't your problem. You pay your premiums so they will handle this if/when the time comes.

I would assume they can still get the car into Accessory mode to check the ODO. If they can't its stored internally and a Ford dealer should be able to pull it. Either way make them figure it out.

Glad to hear you're ok after the accident!! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, they towed the car to coparts an insurance tow yard. I guess they will figure it out. I was just wondering if they could hook it up to find out I sure didn't want to make up a number then they come back on me.

If the instrument cluster will not power up, but other modules may be functional, you may be able to pull the odometer reading from the PCM with a tool like FORScan. In other Ford vehicles I've owned, it keeps its own redundant number separate from the instrument cluster.

Not to sound morbid, any photos of the Explorer that saved your life?

Thanks again this is a great sight and considering becoming a member!

At least you are OK.

+1 to the recorded in multiple memory locations in the car. if the cluster powers up and you can get to the control buttons - it should come up in one of the display modes.

connecting to the car's computer connection would let it read

AND

it's logged in the event recorder in the car - as part of the air bag module. so it's retrievable.

I'd stick with something like 5K miles though.

Back