• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Sport owner

MyloTcat

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Just took delivery of a 2015 Explorer Sport, Tuxedo Black exterior, Char Black/Sienna interior, with dual rear buckets and 2nd rear console. Traded in my venerable 2006 Trailblazer SS. Very impressed with the twin turbo V6 as compared to the LS2 V8. Currently getting about 18.3mpg average, which is about 3mpg better than the TBSS.

Wondering if anyone can help me with a question for which I have yet to get an answer, either from the owners manual, internet search, or my salesperson (yet): what is the bank of about 20 red LEDs just under the windshield on the driver's side for? They illuminate when starting the vehicle, then go out.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just took delivery of a 2015 Explorer Sport, Tuxedo Black exterior, Char Black/Sienna interior, with dual rear buckets and 2nd rear console. Traded in my venerable 2006 Trailblazer SS. Very impressed with the twin turbo V6 as compared to the LS2 V8. Currently getting about 18.3mpg average, which is about 3mpg better than the TBSS.

Wondering if anyone can help me with a question for which I have yet to get an answer, either from the owners manual, internet search, or my salesperson (yet): what is the bank of about 20 red LEDs just under the windshield on the driver's side for? They illuminate when starting the vehicle, then go out.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I just got a 2014 Explorer Sport and I am impressed with the performance and handling. I think the red lights are a part of the collision warning system. It displayed when a driver cut in front of me, did a hard brake, and made a right hand turn into a gas station. I have to do a hard left to avoid slamming into that car. The red lights came on and a lot of warning bleeps sounded.

Thanks kslad. I think you are correct regarding LEDs by the windshield. I did finally find something on the internet to suggest same. I will confirm with the service folks when I take the sport in today. They will be installing mud flaps that should have come with the vehicle when I took delivery. Also having the truck undercoated and sealed.

We had lunch with our son and daughter-in-law yesterday, and he berated me for trading in the Chevy for a Ford. They also informed us we are going to be grandparents! Our first. They had an ultrasound and it's a girl. They've chosen the name Alexandria Rose. Alex or Ali for short, maybe...

Thanks again.

Congrats MyloTcat on being a grandparent! Having little ones run around is always fun!

Chevy vs Ford vs etc..., does not matter as long as you like it and is not a lemon. :)

I'm thinking of picking some mud flaps, digital fit mats, and etc. from Weathertech. The digital mats look pretty cool and will save the interior from a bunch of gunk.

I just got some OE cross rails today and installed it within 30 minutes. It only holds about 100lbs (I think), but will be good enough for some camping/fishing gear. :)

Cheers,

Back