Installing LPG on stock Explorer 2010 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing LPG on stock Explorer 2010

ExNewbie

Reaction score
City, State
Santo Domingo
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ex 2010 XLT 4x4 4.0L
I am planning on installing a Lovato 5th generation LPG system on my 2010 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT 4.0L. Is the check engine light going to stay on? Will installing this system affect the motor life span? Any good reasons not to do this? Any good reasons to go ahead and do this? Cheers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perhaps posting in the "Modified" section would serve you better.

Thank you breakman. I did post in the mod thread, but it got miteriously deleted.

engine life & performance

I deleted your duplicate posts and moved your thread into the Hybrids, Electric, Hydrogen, Bio-diesel, E-85, Fuel Economy Discussion subforum. Maybe that will result in more replies. Please "bump" this thread instead of posting duplicates - once a day is not excessive. I hope others respond. Your project sounds interesting.

LPG is more common in the UK and I have read some posts on their subforum that it does reduce the life of the engine and unless the compression ratio is increased the performance drops about 10%: engine has lost compression, o rings failed/valves failed

Thank you StreetRod. I also read about the 10% decrease, it does not matter much though since the Explorer has power to spare.

Sorry for the double posting. I searched for the moved post (by clicking on "my posts") but couldn't find it. I'll try going directly to the subforum instead.

Cheers

Back