possible to tune a 95 obd1 ohv? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

possible to tune a 95 obd1 ohv?

poison636

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 4 door manual explod
Hey guys,

I was wondering if theres any way to tune a obd 1 ohv 4.0? I know jet makes a chip and stuff. But Ive heard it doesnt work. And am looking for more power from my 4.0 ohv

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone?

Ive heard about bama and hypertech but no info on them

A 1995 Explorer will be OBD II.

91-94's were OBD I.

A 1995 Explorer will be OBD II.

91-94's were OBD I.

They were more like an OBD 1-1/2. The engine is EEC-IV. The body is OBDII. You can't communicate with the ECM through the OBDII port.

I'm sure there are 1995 Explorers built in 1994 that used the remaining EEC-IV/OBD I engines from the 1994 Explorers, but they should be pretty rare. Most Explorers built in 1995 and beyond should be OBD II.

If you have a 1995 with the EEC-IV/OBD I engine, you can probably use the same tuning options as the 91-94's, which isn't as easy, but can still be done.

I have 2 identical 95s and they are both obd1 built 02/95 and they have the 95 motors with the black intakes, so I dont think they are that rare, cause if im not mistaken ford didn't go to obd2 in its trucks/suvs till 96

I'm sure there are 1995 Explorers built in 1994 that used the remaining EEC-IV/OBD I engines from the 1994 Explorers, but they should be pretty rare. Most Explorers built in 1995 and beyond should be OBD II.

If you have a 1995 with the EEC-IV/OBD I engine, you can probably use the same tuning options as the 91-94's, which isn't as easy, but can still be done.

Back