• Register Today It's free!

wheel locks

paulfrank285

Reaction score
City, State
Union, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 EXP XLT
Didn't see wheel locks (not the hidden ones) from fordaccessories anymore...sold out?

Anyone knows where else to get them for 2011 Explorer? I prefer OEM.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't plan on parking my Ex anywhere that there is the threat of someone swiping my wheels :)

Anyway..they show up for me if I click on fordaccessories.com then put in the 2011 explorer and then click on wheels and then Zinc-Plated For Hidden Lugs
Part Number: F5TZ-1A043-A

Here is a link: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Explorer~2011~F5TZ_1A043_A

While we are at it, here is a socket set for removal when the key is lost:
0&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.jpg

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00916005000P?blockNo=2&blockType=G2&prdNo=2&i_cntr=1300987823743

Or you can just hammer a standard socket onto it and use a breaker bar to break it loose like the car thiefs do....

@jeeden: I guess you didn't pay attention again, lol. I see the hidden ones too, but I am talking about the chrome external ones!

by the way, I don't think I will park my upcoming XLT in somewhere that is dangerous, but for only $75 (I guess that's the price for a set of 4?), I think I will sleep better! :D

just found some http://www.partscheap.com/2011-Ford-Explorer-Wheel-Locks-p/e9tz-1a043-a-ex11.htm cheaper than I thought, but is the website legit?

What is the actual lug nut size (I know its a 19mm nut)? I'd like to get a set of McGard's for it, but I can't seem to find the threads and depth anywhere, and it doesn't show up on anybody's websites yet.

What is the actual lug nut size (I know its a 19mm nut)? I'd like to get a set of McGard's for it, but I can't seem to find the threads and depth anywhere, and it doesn't show up on anybody's websites yet.

size is my concern too; some websites claim they have the right stuff but may actually assume it's one size fits all....i guess i have to wait until fordaccessories.com has them in stock again...

oh, yup, sorry, not looking for the hidden ones.

As for size, I'm sure it is on the net somewhere (Isn't the manual on the net I heard? It might be in there). The Fordaccessories site shows the hidden ones work on the 2010 and 2009 explorers too so it must be the same stem size if you look that up.

oh, yup, sorry, not looking for the hidden ones.

As for size, I'm sure it is on the net somewhere (Isn't the manual on the net I heard? It might be in there). The Fordaccessories site shows the hidden ones work on the 2010 and 2009 explorers too so it must be the same stem size if you look that up.

I looked in the manual...I couldn't find anything.

Didn't see wheel locks (not the hidden ones) from fordaccessories anymore...sold out?

Anyone knows where else to get them for 2011 Explorer? I prefer OEM.

Thanks

http://www.partscheap.com/2011-Ford-Explorer-Wheel-Locks-p/e9tz-1a043-a-ex11.htm

2011 Ford Explorer Wheel Locks Chrome-Plated For Exposed Lugs

For added protection against wheel theft, replace one lug nut on each wheel with wheel locks. Chrome-plated locks available for exposed lugs. Kit includes four locks and key.

I have a set of OEMS that came with my Edge Sport. Make me an offer by PM.

The manual says it's 1⁄2 x 20 (page 353)

size is my concern too; some websites claim they have the right stuff but may actually assume it's one size fits all....i guess i have to wait until fordaccessories.com has them in stock again...

paulfrank285,

I see that you tried FordAccessoriesStore.com Have you checked out FordParts.com? This site is also equipped with full-line catalogs and has a VIN look-up feature, so you can browse parts specific to your Explorer. Let me know if this helps or if you need further information.

Seni

paulfrank285,

I see that you tried FordAccessoriesStore.com Have you checked out FordParts.com? This site is also equipped with full-line catalogs and has a VIN look-up feature, so you can browse parts specific to your Explorer. Let me know if this helps or if you need further information.

Seni

Seni, thanks, I looked it up by year (2011) and model (explorer) then search for keyword "wheel lock"...unfortunately still nothing! I didn't try by using VIN as I didn't have it with me handy.

Seni, thanks, I looked it up by year (2011) and model (explorer) then search for keyword "wheel lock"...unfortunately still nothing! I didn't try by using VIN as I didn't have it with me handy.

Aww that's too bad. Have you contacted your servicing dealer, maybe they have some information on where to get them. I would try again with your VIN using just "wheel" as your search and scroll . I've noticed some parts are named differently than what I would expect. Just a thought, then again, this girl has a fun time searching for parts she doesn't even know the "street" name too anyway. LOL

Seni

Aww that's too bad. Have you contacted your servicing dealer, maybe they have some information on where to get them. I would try again with your VIN using just "wheel" as your search and scroll . I've noticed some parts are named differently than what I would expect. Just a thought, then again, this girl has a fun time searching for parts she doesn't even know the "street" name too anyway. LOL

Seni

so Seni, are you making fun of me by comparing me to this girl? just kidding.

ok, I looked it up again by first entering the VIN #. l searched for "wheel" (returned 7 pages and I went thru all of them) and "lock" (returned 5 pages and I went thru all of them)...of course I still couldn't find them!

anyway, since I have you here, is Ford affiliated with www.partscheap.com? they have them and the part # is E9TZ-1A043-A-EX11 (description is 2011 Ford Explorer Wheel Locks Chrome-Plated For Exposed Lugs. I have not contacted my local dealer yet; I wanna wait for the ETA first.

thanks

McGard #24198

McGard manufactures the wheel locks sold by most vehicle manufacturers.

McGard #24198

McGard manufactures the wheel locks sold by most vehicle manufacturers.

Do you have the Part # for the regular nuts?

McGard will have solid chrome plated lug nuts, not the chrome capped ones installed at the factory. You just need to find the conical seat 1/2"-20 lug nuts. All auto stores carrying McGard should have them on the shelf.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

McGard will have solid chrome plated lug nuts, not the chrome capped ones installed at the factory. You just need to find the conical seat 1/2"-20 lug nuts. All auto stores carrying McGard should have them on the shelf.

And they're an inch and a half long? The Chrome Plated Lugs is definately why I want to switch from the chrome capped ones. I took the tires off to install my splash guards, and the lug nuts look like they went through a war!

Back