JBL Amps & Sub Recomendation Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JBL Amps & Sub Recomendation Please

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
JBL Amps

Okay guys, after looking, reading, checking prices, looking some more, reading more peoples comments... I've finally decided that since I'm trying to work on a tight budget for the truck that I'm going to go with JBL amps for my truck... Just wondering is anyone here was running them or had any opinions... Don't really know why I'm asking since my mind is made up... But I wanted to see what others thought...

I'm considering a JL 12w6v2 for the sub now... Probably JL components too, I'm saving enough on the amps that I can get those and stay under budget I believe... But I am open to suggestions on woofers and mid/highs too... I'm going with a sealed enclosure, about 1-1.5 of air space... So please don't say to go with a 15" bandpass... I'm keeping it small and semi stealth, I want to keep my equipment and my space for wheeling gear... I'm leaning toward a 12" sub right now...

Heath

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah, its going to be the JBL 1200.1, so I'll either be running it at 600 watts or 1200 watts, depends on what sub I get...

you will love the JL 12w6v2, i have it with a 500 watt JL amp and boston speakers. mine is in a ported enclosure and sounds unbelievable. it is ungodly loud....just the way i like it :chug:

I have heard really good things about the JBL 1200.1 amp. And it has a great price tag too!

Youll be wasting your $ if you dont run it to its max. But running it 4 ohms it will give you 750 actuall watts, and @ 2 ohms it will deliver 1300+watts. I have also heard the best things about the new line of JBL amps you can get the 1200.1 for >300 @ www.ikesound.com

how many subs can you hook up to the jbl 1200.1?

As many as you want, just depends on how you wire it and how much power you want each sub to get... It will drive 4 12" at 300 watts RMS each without breaking a sweat...

I've heard a lot of good things about the new JBL amps. I think you'll be very happy with your choice.

Mike

Back