Ray Labato | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ray Labato

Hello Ray,

You seem very knowledgeable on Explorer's. Thanks again for your TIRE help but I have another question if you dont mind me asking you out. Is your 97 XLT stock height? I looked at the pics in the Hollister Hills Run and it looks sweet! But I thought it looked raised or did the tires just give it that raised look?

Thanks for the help again and hope I am not a pain....

Heather =)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Heather,
My XLT is stock Height. I just bought it 2 months ago, traded in my 95XLT. It just looks alittle higher because of the tires. Dead Link Removed
It will get raised as soon as somebody gets a kit together, or if I come up with enough money to have a custom kit done.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

OK before I go to TUCKER TIRE tomorrow and purcahse my new 31x10.5x15's I wanna know if there is anything else I should be worrying about? Do I need to get my Explorer aligned again? Anything like that please let me know.
Take care,

Heather =)

Ray,

Thanks for all your help so far sweetie! Could you email me some pictures of your Explorer? I would love to get a good look at what the 31's look like before I buy them. 2 of the Tire Stores I went to didnt want to sell them to me because they were worried they wouldnt fit, I hate being a girl sometimes...I know if I had some good pictures they would believe me.

Email address: ThievesRus@aol.com

Please put your name in the subject so I dont delete it, I throw out trash email constantly.

Thanks again for your help sweetie, I will return your pics with some of mine if you wish.

Heather =)

Ray,

The tires are on and they look awesome! I decided to go with the Savera Swampers 31x10.5x15's. I was gonna get the BFG AT's but when I saw the look of the Savero Swampers I was completely turned on, hehe! The look awesome and I will try to get some pictures to Rick and maybe he could feature my Explorer after I do a little more to it?

Thanks again sweetie!

Heather =)

Hi Heather,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but was on vacation up in the mountians. I would like to see your tires. Can you send Rick a picture to post on the board? Dead Link Removed How's the noise factor on your tires? Oh and having your alignment checked isn't a bad idea since it's already on the rack.
changing tire sizes only affects your speedometer, odometer. You can take it to a speedometer shop and they can recalibrate it for you. It should cost you less than $30.00 or so. Dead Link Removed I had it done on my 95, but the shop that I went to is no longer in business, so I have to look for a new place to go. Right now I'm off by about 6 MPH on the slow side.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

I think someone likes Ray
eyebrow.gif
LoL

Hmmmmmm...........maybe she did...........4 1/2 years ago!!

What in the world..............................:confused:

Im bored :p

Plus I just noticed there are THOUSANDS of pages I havent read yet... The thing was set to 30 days.. Now its set "To the begining..." :D

Originally posted by Premier
Im bored :p

Plus I just noticed there are THOUSANDS of pages I havent read yet... The thing was set to 30 days.. Now its set "To the begining..." :D
How do you do that?

Go to the forum youwant and go to the bottom right of the page. It says posts in the last 30 days, just click it and switch it, then hit GO!

You were talking about going to the begining right?
confused.gif

why does it say ray is a guest?

Originally posted by Premier
Go to the forum youwant and go to the bottom right of the page. It says posts in the last 30 days, just click it and switch it, then hit GO!

You were talking about going to the begining right?
confused.gif
Yes i want to check out the old threads:D Thanks alot

My only guess is it is an archived thread so it does not have post data on it.

Domo arigato, Mr Lobato...

You're off by 6 at lower speeds? That doesnt sound right... not for 31s anyhow. More like 2-3 under 40ish, and over 4+ once you get into the high 50s or 60s.

Originally posted by jimabena74
why does it say ray is a guest?

It also shows old sigs sometimes too!

Originally posted by RFR2212
What a useless thread to bring back...... :rolleyes:
off the subject a little.Pete what ever happened to your old sport?

holy crap this is old!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back