Do you have a block heater in your Explorer? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you have a block heater in your Explorer?

Do you have a block heater?

• Yes it does, I use it.

Votes: 42 24.3%
  • Yes it does, but I do not use it.

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • No it does not.

Votes: 82 47.4%
  • It was removed before I bought vehicle/does not work.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • What is a block Heater?

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • Trucks come with Block heaters? I thought those were only in tractors.....

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters
we get very cold here in Edmonton. It's -25c tonight. Oh yeah we need to plug it in here.:p

Oh yeah... I second that.. Can't wait for the glorious -45c hard starts.. Starting to plug it in tonight...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im a fool! Being that my truck came from a southern climate, I'm sadly without one.
With synthetics, our motors are protected a bit better but it's not great for them to not be flowing oil very well on cold start until friction warms the oil. Pain in the a$$ draining coolant and getting a plug out. Ugh....I wonder where the factory heater location is on a 5.0?

Oops, I just saw this thread is back from the dead. Still relevant I suppose.

According to the kats app guide, the location for 5.0 is right rear freeze plug. For the 4.0 ohv and sohc, it is right front. I can confirm the 4.0 information as i have one. I have never looked too closely at the one on my 5.0.

http://www.fivestarmanufacturing.com/getdoc/2c8a6911-c214-4190-9059-d6aaa10fe527/DC12.aspx

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/51120/10002/-1

My 2000 5.0 has a factory installed one. Plug in located right above the license plate. Going to -20 tonight so happy to have it.

Unless you live in a place where it never gets cold it's always good to have both block and oil pan heaters. Pretty cheap and absolutely essential when it does get cold.

i have one, but since i live in texas, i don't really use it. the truck was originally purchased in colorado, so that is why it has the heater. i do not believe that they all have them, because our previous '95 and '97 didn't.

hmmm my 97 that hasn't ever left Colorado doesn't have one.

Block heaters are pretty much standard in all vehicles sold in Minnesota.

I put them in nearly all of mine. I like the fact of the engine being warm on start up. Less wear over long run, plus I get heat faster in the winter.

I had a 6.0L powerstroke F550 work truck that would not start without one in winter.

No block heater, but I installed a heater in the lower radiator hose of my '01 Sport Trac when I replaced the radiator a couple of months ago. I've used them in a lot of my vehicles over the years.

Back