Mr Mud (turning a Frog into a Prince) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mr Mud (turning a Frog into a Prince)

We rescued this truck from certain death. Some may know it well. A few said it was a lost cause. We were a little more optimistic. There will be a lot of changes, join us as we .... Turn a Frog into a Prince!

The before:
DSCN0256.jpg

[/IMG
DSCN0255.jpg

]
DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First steps, remove rear bumper, remove 3" body lift, change out tires and wheels, and wash, wash wash
DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

Next up clean the inside

its on the list

In! thanks for the chance!

Wow, all that in five minutes. Man that's fast :D.

Looks good, I'll be following this build/ rebuild. :popcorn:

Hey my tow strap recognizes that truck:p:

body is now fully back down on stock mounts. still sporting 7" of clearance in the wheelwells with the 35's. Some fender triming will be needed to clean up some issues. Front bumper will remain, and get sanded and painted. Might have to wait a few days or so to attack the interior as it has finially decided to be winter here and the rain cycle is now getting started.

One of the major issues is the exhaust leaks. The headers will be fitted with gaskets, the muffler system? well that is a whole 'notherr can of worms! Seems someone attempted to repair a hole between the cats without removing them resulting in this
DSCN0183.jpg

and here is the step down piping ???
DSCN0182.jpg

Now to set about fixing it! The holes are aimed up, no wonder the driver was coming back a little dippy at times!

the exhaust system is now sealed, sounds great! now on to the headers , new plugs, and?? well we'll just have to see whats left to do after that.

Hey my tow strap recognizes that truck:p:

..Haha...mine too..:D

..Looking forward to see the next progression to that truck..:hammer:

got a little more work done. Put on new shocks, painted and derusted the front end. also put some 33's on it so it will pass smog
newfront.jpg

newfront1.jpg

newfront2.jpg

newfront3.jpg

Moved to the rear of the truck for some much needed love and attention. Replaced the shocks and beefed the spring packs up
The before look
DSCN0357.jpg

and the after
DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

I now give you a very sexy ass!
DSCN0365.jpg

baby deavers! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the new custom swaybar quick disconnects
DSCN0387.jpg

more pics once they are mounted
swaybar mounts are being relocated

Back