$1/quart Castrol SynBlend Motor Oil - AutoZone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$1/quart Castrol SynBlend Motor Oil - AutoZone

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
$1/quart Motor Oil - AutoZone

Autozone has certain quarts of motor oil for $1.00 per quart.

Some 5-quart jugs are $5.00.

This is in store only.

The Castrol Synblend was $1/quart/$5 jug, as was certain weights of Castrol Syntec/Edge and even Pennzoil Platinum/Ultra and Kendall GT-1 Synthetic Blend.

Valvoline ATF including Valvoline CVT and Mercon V ATF was $1/quart as well.

There may also be other brands/viscosities of oil at your local AZ, some have Pennzoil Ultra, Castrol Edge, Mobil 1, Royal Purple, Quaker State, and lots more for $1-4/quart. Some of the 5-gallon jugs are $5.00, too.

The ones I went to had Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 and 10W-30 for $1/quart, Castrol Syntec 10W-40 for $1/quart, and the Valvoline ATFs other than ATF+4 were $1/quart. The Castrol SynBlends were all $1/quart and the Kendalls were all $1/quart too. Some people who have got in on this report that even 0W-30 German Castrol is $1/quart at some locations, and the ones that have Royal Purple at $1/quart get another $5 off if you buy enough, making them even less.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

May go get some. My local O reilly list it at $6.79 per qt. How many people use this and how easy would it be to sell

May go get some. My local O reilly list it at $6.79 per qt. How many people use this and how easy would it be to sell

Not going to be worth it to try and sell motor oil unless you buy like 100+ quarts of something that is $1/quart and can flip it to a repair shop for 2-3 times what you paid and make $100-200.

Chances are you will just get stuck with it and people won't want to buy it since they will think you are selling old used oil as new or will otherwise be suspicious.

Best bet is only buy it if you need it and let others who need it get in on the deal.

All oils have n/a for price and "not available for store pickup" when I visited.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

All oils have n/a for price and "not available for store pickup" when I visited.

That means they are either sold out or have low stock of any products that don't have the price showing.

Change the location to another store, and if they have it in stock the price will show up.

That means they are either sold out or have low stock of any products that don't have the price showing.

Change the location to another store, and if they have it in stock the price will show up.

I would have but there's only one in my city and the next nearest are 50 miles away. Oh well.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

Edit: I wonder if this was a pricing glitch that they caught. I checked the "nearest" stores to me and they all show N/A for pricing and "not available" for store pickup. I wish I could have gotten in on that.

Edit: I wonder if this was a pricing glitch that they caught. I checked the "nearest" stores to me and they all show N/A for pricing and "not available" for store pickup. I wish I could have gotten in on that.

Not a glitch, this is what they do when they clear out old stock, though apparently some new stock is getting mixed in - I was able to get brand new Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for the same price as the older Pennzoil Ultra bottles.

Word has it that the SynBlend clearout is because Castrol is going to be introducing Magnatec into the U.S. market in place of SynBlend.

Prices are good if you just walk in without ordering online, too. I just went to 2 Autozones locally. The 1st only had 1 qt of the Mercon V trans fluid I was looking for. It was marked $1 on the shelf. The 2nd store had 8 or 9 qts. It had $4 marked on the shelf, but rang up $1 at the register. I bought 4 qts there. Would have bought more, but I didn't want to carry it to the front and find out it was going to cost $4 there. My daughter's Sable leaks trans fluid, so this is a welcome savings!

It's pretty much in-store only at this point, get to your local store and grab what you can.

Back